3.03.2011

Project Re-Style Table (on the cheap;)...

Before I show you my table, I should qualify this post by saying a couple things-- One, I am not a patient person; and therefore, lack a necessary quality of anyone who is going to work with paint. Two, paint does not like me (and the feeling is exactly mutual;). And lastly, I did the unthinkable and spray painted the table. I know this is probably a sin, but I only spent about 7 dollars on it...so I didn't want to spend $25 on paint (cuz chances are, the paint and I are going to have a brawl and it will come out on top...believe me, it has happened before:)...So, because it was cheap and relatively quick, I cheated and used spray paint. The good thing is, the whole project-- table included-- cost me just over 20 bucks:)...

Here it is, just bought:)...


And here it is, all painted up:). It must have had some type of finish on it (although it didn't feel like it to me) because the paint pulled away from some areas...that's the little dotted effect:)...I'm gonna chalk it up to my love of all things shabby chic and never again volunteer the info that I couldn't get it to look smooth if I wanted to...I told you paint doesn't like me. :) So, it is my little distressed table, made to look a bit old and worn...;)Shhhh...Don't tell my secret!




Check back later today if you'd like to see a couple Sassy stamps go from sweet, pretty girls to pretty little zombies:)...I've got two of the girliest ones turned into creepies:)!

Till then, have a nice day:)

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Looks so much better and has a fab lived in look. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous Krista, I love the texture of the glazes.

    have a fab day

    Hugs Bridget :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done you - must admit I have no patience either
    can't wait to see the cute creepies
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a fab job Krista!! You've inspired me to go and get the little whicker chair that has been sitting up in my loft for ages waiting to be re-vamped!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has a new life, and I think you did a great job. Whenever I spray paint anything I leave a huge spray line all over the driveway which doesn't make my husband happy. Lol so I stay away from spray. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks gorgeous hun I love shabby chic I really do & I'm crap at spraying I'm more a paint person lol. It prob just needed a light sanding so that the paint had something to adhere to or you could use a primer. Believe me tho I'm not an expert I have a thing for decorating I love it the only prob is my friends all get me to design their rooms & stuff for them so I thought if I took up crafting it would be cheaper & less tiring lol.
    I think you have done a fabulous job here & I would be proud of this hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you've done a super job and nobody will know it was spray painted. I recently bought my daughter a new (brand new) toddler bed and I am spray painting that(plus a few other changes) now who does that, lol. At least you now have what you wanted and at a decent price!!
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dotted effect works really well - & if you'd not said it would look as if it's meant to be as it is - brilliant use of the old & making it look utterly different but appropriate for what you want.
    Paula (PEP)
    Love the way you've arranged the flowers etc..... looks really good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...