3.17.2011

To Japan, With Love

Yesterday I put a piece of small artwork in my shop to benefit the American Red Cross in their relief efforts in Japan. The purchase price of the artwork ($8.00) is donated and a receipt of the donation is sent with the artwork to the buyer. It's a nice way to donate and receive a pretty keepsake as well:)


It's a little different for me, as I don't work in watercolor too often...and the girl is turned away...so no big eyes and pouty lips...but I really like it. Especially the blossom tree.

The artwork can be purchased here.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! Every day I look forward to seeing what new artwork you post for us! I love it! I can't wait for your coloring book. Both of my girls are excited as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its stunning sweetie love the orient feel to it husg pops x xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous painting, well done you for painting and donating, it's beautiful:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gesture krista. Very kind. And as usual beautiful art work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful gesture and artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a thoughtful thing to do. It's very graphic & the detail on the tree beautiful.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so beautiful krista.it is a very thought provoking scene.stunning :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...