4.23.2011

Shhhhh.....

Napping kiddies are a thing of the past for us. Niamh and Philly can just go and go...sometimes I wonder where they store all that energy. This afternoon Phil and I had a nice catch outside. Niamh and Philly played some sort of hybrid army-princess make believe world:) He kept "saving" her. Must of worn the poor guy out.



Isn't he the sweetest...even with the dirty fingernails (that's what happens when you save a princess). I love watching the kids sleep. Love to just look at them and know they are all mine. That I know all their special qualities...that Niamh asks to pray every morning on the way to school...and is honest to a fault, just like her grandmom...And that Philly comes out of the bedroom every night after bedtime , to give me a stuffed animal to keep at my desk...and that he thinks I'm his girlfriend.

I am so thankful for my babies...love the noise and laughter they add to each day-- but also cherish the quiet times. Just some breathing...it's pretty magical.


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Awwww, what a lovely picture and I love what you've written about how it feels to be a mum - you've hit the nail right on the head - that's exactly how I feel too! Hugs, Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's a wee angel - I love to watch my babies sleeping too. You get this warm surge of pride knowing that they're yours and you made them, I know ;)
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very special post - thank you.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw he is adorable....I agree with you totally. Lucy is going to be 11 in a couple of weeks and getting very grown up and wanting to do her own thing... but when I go in and see her sleeping I can still see me wee baby there!

    Easter hugs
    Jane
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw your son is gorgeous krista.
    i have a 7 year old son and i love sneaking into his room at night just to watch him sleep.
    he tells me he loves me everyday,bless.
    i`m really proud and blessed to be a mum :D
    have a fab easter with your family :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just telling friends that he is the sweetest boy I know and if I ever heard of any one bothering him I would hunt them down. There's something so sweet about him you want to protect him. Love both of them so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can definitely relate.. especially when my son is sleeping. He looks so angelic! :]

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...