4.18.2011

You are More.

I tend to get a little stuck on a good song. I am one of those people that will just beat the song to death...but I just fall in love...and it plays (on repeat) for an entire treadmill run. Or in the truck for an entire ride. That's how I like my favorite music.

For the past couple weeks, I've been loving a group called Tenth Avenue North. I just started listening to them. The song You are More is really beautiful. With a great message. Have a read...

You are More
Tenth Avenue North



There's a girl in the corner
With tear stains on her eyes
From the places she's wandered
And the shame she can't hide

She says, "How did I get here?
I'm not who I once was.
And I'm crippled by the fear
That I've fallen too far to love"

But don't you know who you are,
What's been done for you?
Yeah don't you know who you are?

You are more than the choices that you've made,
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,
You are more than the problems you create,
You've been remade.

Well she tries to believe it
That she's been given new life
But she can't shake the feeling
That it's not true tonight

She knows all the answers
And she's rehearsed all the lines
And so she'll try to do better
But then she's too weak to try

But don't you know who you are?

You are more than the choices that you've made,
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,
You are more than the problems you create,


You've been remade.

'Cause this is not about what you've done,
But what's been done for you.
This is not about where you've been,
But where your brokenness brings you to

This is not about what you feel,
But what He felt to forgive you,
And what He felt to make you loved.

You are more than the choices that you've made,
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,
You are more than the problems you create,

You've been remade.




Pretty, huh? Just like a butterfly's transformation...Hope your day is filled with the beauty of spring, new life, and maybe even wings of your own:)


photo entry into paper mama photo challenge, here.)

three end images, via weheartit.

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Wow!! those words are amazing and your images to portray them are stunning, you should release these two cuties asap. I'm off to try and find this group and have a listen.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous lyrics, and I love your interpretation of them, beautiful images Krista - I wish I had a fraction of your talent
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your drawings match the lyrics perfectly!!
    Hugs
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words and beautiful images!!! (Any chance they'll be turned into rubba!!??) Hugs, Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful lyricsand quiet fitting as I saw my first butterfly of the year today. Having lovely weather here in the UK so might see more. Adorable illustrations (loving the winged girl) and like you I tend to get a song inside my head and it's the first thing I "hear" when I wake and the last before sleep :).
    Hope your day is filled with the joys of spring.
    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful words im going to go find this group and i love love love those little girls. So so cute. You are an amazing artist. I would love these in rubber please. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Krista...what lovely words and your images truly tell the story!!

    Hope you have a fabby spring day too!!

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can see why you got stuck what fab lyrics and love your drawings too maybe they should use them on thier cd cover, thanks for sharing and your message about my son, so far he is doing fine dressings off on saturday which is brill as its his birthday too. Have a fab day hugs Julye.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those lyrics are very real. He does make everything new & often we don't see it ourselves. Love your symbolism of her emerging from the chrysalis. I had to smile for I'm working on an Easter card which may or may not end up with butterflies but the theme of Resurrection is there.
    Much love
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This is amazing, the lyrics, the girl you drew - both versions and the extra pics. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Krista, Idk where I was when you posted this, but I am sooo sorry I missed it! I love this song and my middle son loves this song, he says it makes him cry(he's seven) I love that he really listens to the music! My radio station is air1 and I love it. If you haven't heard of it here's a link http://www.air1.com/ it may be in your area you should be able to find out on their site. Anyway, what brought me here was seeing this girl in your side bar. I saw her in your shop a few days ago and I told the other DT girls I think we need to have her. I think the coming out one is the seller here, but that she ties in with this song is awesome! So my thoughts are all over the place, sorry about that, I think the excitement got to my head and I've gone brain dead, lol. Thanks so much for sharing this! God Bless!
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Autumn,

    I love that your little guy really gets the song....that is too sweet!...Thanks for the station link as well...I will go check it out! I was so happy to read your comment...made my day:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...