5.28.2011

Handmade Teacher's Gift Ideas:)

The end of the school year is fast approaching. It's always nice to send a little "thank you" to a teacher...They put in a lot of work for our children to learn and grow! Here are a few ideas to ponder. If you have any scrapping materials at home, you probably won't need to spend a penny making these items! And each of them is so fun! I have included the gifts I made for the librarian at Niamh's school (she adores her librarian:), her teacher's gift, and a gift bag I made to hold a graduation present for a family friend. I have also included links where you can find the source of these great ideas...and maybe even a tutorial or two:) Enjoy!!
tea light craft
Here is a handmade card that holds a box of six tea lights. The box is so easy to make...And the tutorial and template you can find here.
handmade gift bag
I wonder how much I spend on little gift bags each year...just to have them thrown out...Here is a nice alternative to those boring old gift bags. It's perfect for holding jewelry...or even a few candy treats to send home with kids after a birthday party. I love these bags, and they are easy as pie!...(Actually, pie is not that easy for me...so, let's say easy shmeesy:) You can find the instructions here.
handmade gift bag
And finally, my favorite one...the corner bookmark. Kids can make these. They are so simple. Here is a
great tutorial.

You should give a couple a go! It's so much nicer to receive a little handmade item than something you grabbed while you stood in line at checkout...You don't have to spend a lot of money to let someone know you appreciate them:). I'll be back later with a sister's post...Have a fun day with the kiddies in full-gear. We've already picked strawberries today...and it's only 10:30! Now we are going on a little day trip we've had planned forever. Have a great Saturday! xoxo

10 comments:

  1. thanks you so much, I will have a go at the corner bookmark later, with a Sassy girl on it of course x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista, your gifts are gorgeous - all together very unique !!!
    Have a blessed Sunday, hugs
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's delightful seeing what you've made - I'm torn between the last two. Love the way you've matched the colouring to the papers with the gift bag - those zebra stripes are something else & I love the colours. The bookmark is just a joy with all the extra little details.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your great teacher gifts and thanks so much for commenting and even linking back to my book mark tutorial - seriously, I am so honored! I think your bookmark came out super cute! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - such fab ideas. Great work, Krista! Hugs, Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. I am a teacher, and i would be honored to receive a gift like this, that clearly took some time and effort. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic gift ideas krista.i love the corner bookmark, must have a go at making one :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for the tutorial, the corner bookmark is great. I am a teacher and would be very glad about such a wonderful gift ;-)
    best wishes, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic job on all of these Krista!!! Thanks for showing off the Sassy DT too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a stunning Handmade Teacher's Gift Ideas i like it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...