6.27.2011

Beach Day #2 (and my non-existent golf game)

I think we need to start planning beach days when the sun is out! It was pretty cloudy today, but the kids still had a good time. The water was fairly warm for a sunless day, and the kids had fun rolling around in the waves:).
saturated canary
saturated canary
saturated canary
saturated canary
After we washed up at home, Philly and I headed to the driving range so I could hit a couple buckets of golf balls. I use to frequent the driving range much more often. And I hit a golf ball straight and far (back then). At least that is the way I remember it-- like I was PGA tour-worthy. (I'm pretty sure my mind is playing tricks on me and I am subconsciously glorifying my past golf abilities.) Anyways, I went earlier this week and hit some balls with my brother. Ehhhem. I sucked. Like, really embarrassingly sucked:). And not playing a sport well just eats at me. So, I've hit balls twice since then. And I have the blisters to prove it. Yesterday, when I got to the range, there were two older guys there...and, after hitting my first three balls in every direction but straight, I seriously considered running to the truck and forgetting about my golf ambitions. But, why not just suck it up and learn something new?? I swallowed my pride and hit the rest of those balls-- well, everywhere. (except backwards. i managed to at least keep them in front of me.) Today was a bit better. I straightened maybe 2% of my hits out. I really like to stay active and teaching myself something new is a fun way to do it. I'll just have to channel my inner Rory Mcilroy;)
saturated canary
saturated canary
saturated canary
Meanwhile, until I get good, please excuse my haywire golf swings fellow driving range visitors. And the fairly common ground balls I bounce down the fairway. Oh, and the disgruntled under-my-breath mutterings of a wanna-be golfer:). I'll get there. I'm just gonna need some patience.

and a miracle:).

Anyone else trying something new this summer??...

8 comments:

  1. Its really cool that you live near the beach! Great pictures :)

    http://rhiandflea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so cute! Oh & I love golf. So much fun. I used to be terrible but after having to take a PE class & choosing golf (easiest choice, haha!) I love it. Sadly we haven't gone for 2 years and I don't see it happening anytime soon either. Good lucking perfecting your golf game!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you for trying something new!!!
    and yay for beach days - the best days of summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. arg isn't it frustrating how fast you can lose a skill like that? even if you weren't really a golf pro before ;) i played tennis all the time in high school, but now i play so rarely i consistently make a fool out of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these pictures. It looks like a good time! This summer, I went out of the country for the first time (well, it was actually back in April... but who's paying attention) and I won tickets to an exclusive concert in July (I've never been to a "you're on the list" kind of show before)... so those are first times for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great beach shots! Your little ones are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your beach day looks like so much fun! You and your family = adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the children are having fun & they look so absorbed. All the best with the golf - I don't even dare try. I had to laugh at the way you put it. As for a first - I'm saving for a new die-cutting machine as I managed to break my Cuttlebug last week & I am DETERMINED not to be intimidated by the new one & let it sit in the cupboard for a year before I dare work out how to make it cut & emboss - I'm going for a Big Shot. That wasn't supposed to be a pun either........Thank you for your lovely kind remarks - making progress.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...