6.10.2011

Flowers in the Hair

One problem encountered with dreadlocks is the hair fastener dilemma. Mt pony tail is THICK. I have to use stretchy headbands to hold it back. Regular elastic bands don't even come close:). But, seeing how I actually prefer it pulled back, I've come to own quite a few sets of Target headbands. They definitely do the job-- but maybe aren't the prettiest.

I am an avid follower of the Little Chief Honeybee blog, and Kaelah just re-vamped her Etsy store, adding a bunch of flower clips! They are big and pretty and come with your choice of fasteners. I've got to say- they are even better in person. Really well made and so unique! I bought two, a denim and a pink.

little chief honeybee

She is such an inspiration to me...You may have heard me gush about her before. But I love her blog and personal style. She is the perfect mix of pinup girl, southern belle, and city chick all wrapped into one awesome, super stylish package!:) I even got a little coupon for a return visit to her store...So, now I'm already thinking about what color to get next. I received a new set of dreads this week...so trying to pick a couple that match red, orange, and green. Yeah, it's gonna be a crazy head a hair!!

hair clips

Here are some of my favorites from her shop and past sales. I'm hoping *fingers crossed* the red and white stripped one gets re-stocked soon. Isn't it totally perfect for summer?-- and the Fourth!!...Just thought I'd share a recent purchase with you...in case you have a summer wedding coming up and need something pretty for your hair, too:). And they really glamor-up a Target headband:).

little chief honeybee

8 comments:

  1. you look so fab with the denim! and don't you worry, i'm working on a few more USA-inspired pieces for the shoppe update soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really liked the red and white one too... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for more lace ones to go up in her shop because I missed the first batch of them :(

    I love the denim with your dreads though. What a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ther ed & white is just delicious - love the way you wear these too & it's going to be interesting seeing your new dreads; can't even begin to imagine the colours. I love pretty hair clips but I do not suit long hair at all. I have tried all kinds of styles but it just does not work.
    Your nails are striking.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The denim and lace "Madonna"-esque one found a home at my house! ;) I LOVE IT. Yours looks super cute on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh la la - love it on you!! i was just debating on getting one from her shop myself. you might have just convinced me. i also love your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooo, I like! And are those houndstooth finger nails yours??? Too cool!! Hugs, Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am a huge fan of kaelah's blog too which is actually how i found yours today. i loved your interview, and you are so talented!
    the honey and hive flower looks beautiful in your hair
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...