I asked my sister, Becca, what she does to get herself back on track again...after having one of those awful weeks. And I really, really liked her answer:)
There are definitely weeks in life that are just plain harder then others. Usually a hard week means a bad workout/eating week also. Usually during a week like that, I feel I am just jumping off the healthy band wagon. I find I get really hard on myself and question my whole journey so far. This last couple weeks have been like that. I have had no time to get to the gym and am so tired by the end of the day that I couldn't even ride my bike at home. I did eat pretty okay still, allowing myself some yummy treats. I have boiled it down to this: sometimes hard weeks happen. It is okay! I am still worth every pound I've lost. Life would be so horrible without the occasional week of relaxing a little on the eating and exercising. So my take on what I do to get back into it- Realize how much I actually enjoy the feeling of getting back on track.... Even though I know I will jump off again, only to get back on... life is a journey!I agree! Part of the fun is getting back into it! Setting new goals, and finding self control and discipline again. Here are some things I do to get myself back into healthy living mode again...
1. Get a new workout outfit. I normally look *SO BAD* when I workout, I try not to let Phil even see me. And he's seen me at my worst:) Yeah, it is that awful a sight. It's one of the reasons I won't go to the gym. I'm a scary beast when I am sweating. No one should witness it. Really, not ever. But...a new workout outfit will get me into gear:). I don't know why, but it puts me in a good frame of mind.
2. New sneaks. I buy new sneakers about twice a year. I have to. I run a lot, and my sneakers take a beating. I'm no lightweight, so all that pounding makes it a necessary evil:) Anyways, the week after I get a new pair of running shoes-- OMGosh...I'm a terror. I run everyday. So excited to try them out:). Definitely does the trick every time!
3. Try a new routine. I always run. Have to. It's truly the only thing that leans me out. But I also lift weights and do the occasional workout video (Insanity is my #1 video pick). It is nice to throw a wrench in your routine. For me, it gives me something new to focus on. I'm not thinking- wHAAAAAaaaa...I don't want to do this again. My mind is focused on the new moves, my form, and new techniques. Before I know it, the workout is over:). My most recent new try-- these wrist weights. I can wear them when I run, and they definitely work my arms. It is an easy way to burn a few extra calories:).
4. Plan a date. My mom always told me, "If you want the house cleaned up, invite people over." And the same goes for getting in shape. If ya want to tone up, get the hubby a'lookin':). I like to feel my best when I'm all dressed up for muh man...so, I try to workout extra hard those weeks when I have something special to look forward to doing with him.
5. Finally, get back into the routine by planning your favorite workout first. Like I said, I always run; but I lift as well. I hate lifting legs. Uh, that is thee worst. But, I really, really enjoy lifting my shoulders. That's the workout I do first. Running and shoulders. It's just my thing:).
Feel free to share your own method for getting yourself back into your workout/healthy living routine!! Like we said-- bad weeks happen to every girl...And part of life is getting yourself back on track. How do you do it??...