7.18.2011

Family Beach Day:)

Headed down to Ocean City today. Just for a couple hours. The beach is my favorite place in the world. I love the noises. People chatting and laughing, kids yelling, and all of it brought down a notch by the crashing waves. Like the sounds get filtered, and you end up with a muffled version of it all. Really quite relaxing and lovely. Phil was off, so he joined us beach bums.
ocean city, nj
ocean city, nj
ocean city, nj
ocean city, nj
ocean city, nj
ocean city, nj
I think this last photo may be the creepiest one I've ever taken! Phil buried them. Giggles and all. The sand was so heavy, they were panting-- so it only lasted a second. But how funny?! Out little sand monsters. Niamh got quite an ear-full...So, I've been re-assuring the poor girl all day that the sand is not getting her brain dirty. Such a worrier. Just like her mama:). Philly, on the other hand, could be plastered in that stuff for a week and not know the difference. I'm kind of fond of it myself. Gets your skin so nice and soft:).

Hope you are having a lovely summer day, wherever you are!:)

10 comments:

  1. Looks lovely.. That Beach is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too creepy definitely; it made me cringe. Glad you had a fun day - we have something approaching winter it is so cool here. Global warming must be Global cooling! I've had to wear a vest plus a shirt, plus a cardigan & then a long fleecy dressing gown on top to try to keep warm. But ........ it is green outside & not snowing......... & the view is wonderful.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nah, it's not creepy at all - it's a fabulous pic, definitely one to blow up and frame :)
    can we swap weather?
    Debz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the last picture! weewiccababe is right - blow that one up and frame it! They look so happy. :) Looks like you all had a great time. I'm a little jealous.. I haven't been to the beach in ages! -- Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe i love the last photo - sooo fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer!!! Booo hisss we are in the middle of winter....in Tasmania!!
    I love the pic with the kids buried in the sand! Adorable.
    Mxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness! Your kids are too cute! Looks like fun day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fab day out ... and both kids look like they are having an amazing time ... even buried!!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh a day at the beach. Love love love it. I especcially love the beaches up north. Lots of good memories. Pics are great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It made me smile that they're still giggling even though they were buried neck deep in heavy sand! They look so happy, it's lovely. You all look like you had a really fab day. It's been raining here today so seeing the sun in your pics has brightened my day too!

    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...