8.30.2011

Good Bye Summer Sunset.

My heart is always so sad the night before school starts. I love having the kids home. Love it. Tomorrow is the first day of school for them both. Philly's first day ever. Every time I think about my baby going to school, I want to cry. I know I can't tomorrow-- because it will make it harder on him. But, goodness knows, I'm gonna need some dark sunglasses and a tissue in my back pocket:). I wish I could keep them home just one more month...Summer is my favorite part of the year. It's just so lazy and filled with family time. And altogether wonderful.

krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith

One last sunset together before school starts:). Phil came home, and (before he could even get his uniform off:) the three of them played football. And laughed. And cheered:). It was a nice way to end the warm nights...and usher in September. Which, if I allow myself to see past tomorrow, will be fun too! I like the freshness of a new school year. Kisses goodbye in the mornings. Chatter the whole ride home after the school day. School events. Cooler evenings. And, for the first time in six years, Phil and I will have a couple days each week just to ourselves...Which he is looking very forward to;). So am I. It will feel like we are dating again!:) So, I'm gonna tuck all the good things to look forward to in the back of my mind tomorrow. And pray I can make it back to our truck before I burst into tears. I'm glad I feel this way, though...I know we've had a good few months together...And a great fall ahead of us!

13 comments:

  1. love that last photo with the sun setting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... I feel your pain for the end of summer though I don't have any little ones. :) :) Happy for the crunch of leaves though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, you almost make me miss summer. Almost. LOL.

    Thanks for stopping by today! Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it all goes well on the first day back at school - for everyone! Shall be thinking of you. Your photos are beautifully evocative of late summer & very evocative of what I have in my mind as wide open American country - but that's from a long-distance Welsh mountainous perspective. Thank you so much for the two-way dialogue we have across the world - it's one I really treasure. I am so glad you are all safe after Irene.
    With much love
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. School started here (in GA) on the 4th, so I'm glad you got about a month longer than we did. I hope the kiddos enjoy the school year and I hope you'll be okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sending kisses for Philly for his first day at school - I know exactly how you're feeling Krista because my baby Faith started school a couple weeks ago, it's definitely bittersweet.
    so I'm also sending bosies to you (that's Scottish cuddles in case you didn't know)
    and can't miss out Niamh so I'll send her some kissies too
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos. Hope everything goes alright with Philly's first day but I know how you feel. My 5 year old daughter doesn't go back till 5th September but my 18 year old son is going to Uni on 10th September. I am totally dreading him moving away - I feel really sad, deep inside :(.
    I am sure both kids will enjoy their time with friends and being a little more independent :). I know mine do.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a tough one when they start school...especially the baby of the family! Jude is in P3 now and I still feel sad watching her going into school in the morning!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning pics krista.aw hugs to you on phillys 1st day at school :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww.. sending hugs.. I know school is always bitter sweet for me too :) you will do just great.. I know it! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh first day of school; this is the second week of my oldest going into kinder....ay ay ay it is so hard to let go; specially at the gate for me since they don't let parents walk them in anymore(tear)! But I think you will do just fine:0) but do keep that tissue handy;)

    I love reading your blog but hardly ever comment; I love your pictures and how you let us peek into your life; you have an amazing family and you are a wonderful person!

    Sending good vibes and wishes;

    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, been following your blog for ages, but this is the first time I've commented. This post really tugged at my heartstrings - my little girl starts school on Friday. Can't believe how fast the last 4 years have gone let alone the summer (altho here in the UK we've not really had a good summer!), and am so sure that I'm going to cry as well! She's our only one so it's all so new and different.

    Love reading your blog and your pictures are just amazing, you have such a talent!

    Best wishes
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. found you through Elsie<3 love her. But, yes the separation is real, and it is sad. i just let my 18 year old go off to college 5 states away. and yesterday was the first day I didn't cry. :) It will get better, trust me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...