8.11.2011

The Help and a Bookstore.

One of our favorite places to sneak off to at night is the bookstore. We do look for any excuse to go. It is why I never buy magazine subscriptions. And why I don't often browse the book isle at Target. We'd all just rather drive the 40 minutes north and chill for an hour in the shelves of books. Tonight, we needed to head up there for Niamh's party-- she chose a book to give each child. I thought this might make a nice party favor this year. We carefully decided on the books, browsed a little, then stopped at the coffee counter. Because that is always part of the experience:). A little treat at Starbucks:).
mommy blog
mommy blog
mommy blog
I'm really excited to go see The Help this week. Might do a double-agent-mom-under-cover thing and duck out after the kids go to bed one night:). I've been looking forward to this movie for a while. I saw the trailer a while ago, and it gave me chills. And, besides the fact that it looks totally enjoyable, I read this news story today about the author. How inspiring?! What determination! Kinda gives a girl something to think about...whatever your dreams are! And, for sure, I am reading this book.
mommy blog
mommy blog
Niamh couldn't resist the opportunity to be the background goofball:).
So, if anyone wants to join me after kiddies bedtime for a girls' night out movie, I'm totally down for it!! I'll even bring the treats. I'm beyond good at hiding snacks on myself:). And with this head of hair, I could probably bring in a four course meal totally undetected:). (I know. This is my one vice. And I'm blaming it on my mom. There were four of us kids to feed-- so movie theater food was not an option. It was actually quite thrilling as a kid. And has not lost any of it's heart-pounding excitement;)



7 comments:

  1. I would come! But, you know. Distance. Any ways, enjoy the movie! I want to see it as well, but I have no idea when I'll have the chance to go. And I hope you love the book [if you haven't already read it]. I've reread it a few times this year, it's that good! Have Kleenex ready, though. I cry every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww darn krista i so wish i could go with you. I want to see this so bad. Think i will have to grab someone to go with me one night too. If you see it first let me know how you liked it.
    Gab

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally sneak treats and drinks into the movie too. There's really no reason why popcorn and a pop should cost $17.

    That bookstore however looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always take my own treats to the movies, they shouldn't charge so much and perhaps we wouldn't do it, but that's greed. Love today's story and the pics (as always!) Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going to the bookstore! It's one of my favorite things to do.

    Also... my mother had four kids as well, and we got accustomed to sneaking in candy and treats. How terrible. But... you're right, it is kind of thrilling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband was one of the customers in the bookshop where i worked. I love bookshops too & am always on the lookout for book info - had never heard of The Help so had to have a look at the Amazon info & your link. Looks intriguing. I often learn something from you & could well use Harper Lee's quote about your blog - you often make me think. Thanks for all you give & do.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...