8.31.2011

Tears x2

krista smith
I cried a lot today.  A LOT.

Here is the famous first day of school picture all us mamas take.  Eager little kiddies ready for a new year:).  Everything new and clean.  (School pants, shoes, and bookbags don't stay this way for long!)  Everything went smoothly until Philly had to follow the other kindergartners into the classroom.  That was the moment of no return.  For us both.

He started crying.  I started crying.  But the only thing to do was give him to the teacher...and walk away.  *Broke* my* heart.*  I peeked in after watching Niamh with her class, and the poor little guy was quietly crying in his chair.  :(

His teacher sent home a note...said he is a 'cutie':).  And that he did TERRIFIC.  Yes, in all caps:)!!  And that he only cried for two minutes in the morning. I was so happy to know that...

Because Mama cried the entire morning.  And she was not a cutie.  Her face was so puffy by 10am, she looked like she had an allergic reaction to something.  And she was MISERABLE.  Yes, in all caps.

Phil spent the ride home assuring me that he would be okay.  And, funny thing, he was!  He actually said he wants to go back tomorrow:).  I know it will still be hard in the morning, but it will get a little easier each day.  For the both of us:).

And thank you other mommies, who reassured me in your comments that I'm not the only one going through child-withdraw this fall.  It is nice to know there is a whole community of mothers who need as many tissues as me.  Although, I think I've got top billing in Whose Got the Most Swollen Face from Crying:).  

Here is my little man and me at the end of the day...I waited all day for this hug!!

krista smith

And the End of First Day photo:).  Still clean!!  This is a new record:):).

krista smith

And...since I had to figure out a good way to pass the time today, I have some new stamps to show.  I've got a handful ready for my shop...and colored them in today to give a peek at what will be available.  Get your creative juices flowin'...

krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith

A vampire, frankenstein, mermaid, and kitty girl. I think the Halloween characters make such a cute pair together:). What is your favorite?? They will go on sale Friday! I'm excited:). And grateful-- this is keeping me super-duper busy. Which is welcomed this week-- seeing how it helps pass the time to my babies coming home in the afternoons:). Hope you enjoyed the sneak peek...I've got a couple more for tomorrow. And thanks for reading my sob story. I'm not a mushy kinda girl...but for some reason mommy-hood seems to have made me a little more prone to tears and sniffles:).

16 comments:

  1. I cried on my sons first day of school a few weeks ago. He gave me a hug outside of the classroom and was all excited, but when I turned to walk down the hall...I lost it.
    Congrats on your children starting school. Glad your son enjoyed it and did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove the new artwork!!! Glad Philly had such a good first day. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried like the first week i went to kindergarden. I still remember it. I hate it!
    Your kids are precious!!


    And I love the new art!! You are so creative

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cried when my kids started school then I cried when my Grandkids went. When my kids went I thought it was the end of something but then I realised it was the start of a new adventure for us all. I am glad Philly had a good first day and hope he has a happy time everyday. Love the new artwork xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of your Philly. I think boys are harder but my little girl cried fro weeks and weeks in the mornings - it was heart-breaking. I just hope she'll be ok on the 5th.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE your new images and can't wait till the 2nd. Zombie girl and kitty girl look really cute. Your "more-grown-up" style is fab.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw bless.such a sweet back to school photo.i blubbed like a baby too on my sons first day at school. he wasn`t bothered at all but did say he missed me when i picked him up :D
    love your new girls. the vamp is stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad Philly had a great day, bless him, they both looked so cute in their new clothes and I love Nimah book bag.
    I'm loving your new digis gonna be have a good nosey in your shop on Friday ,
    Have a lovely day
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the little vampire lady and the mermaid totally stole my heart! you're kids can be proud to have such a caring and talented momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love today's story, it was a real heart-warmer. Love the new images too, your art is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I LOVE your Halloween art! Amazing!
    And I have a 4 year old & I am already worrying about kindergarten next yr...but it's so good to know I am not the only one who freaks about being away from my baby!
    :)
    Hope it gets easier with time for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. no, you most certainly aren't alone - and I found Faith the hardest, probably because she is the baby of the bunch. The pair of them look fantastic before and after :)
    and are you mad? pick a favourite? no can do chum! can't wait for these to go in the shop, love that I can resize digis, so can't wait to play with these
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad you have art to keep you busy. I'm starting to get back into cardmaking and such. I feel better finally but seriously I was depressed for 3 weeks straight. And my girlie went to college. I know she is having a blast, and me well, I'm still adjusting but it's getting easier.
    I think it was really hard on me bc I homeschooled her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. my eldest is 11 and goes to comp this time..oh where does the time go??...loving all the new images..especially the mermaid..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope the school days are getting easier my daughter starts kinder next year and I've already cried over it. So it was nice to know it's a normal thing for other Mums too. Popping over to check out your stamps they look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have kept coming back to this post & looking at your photos. They are a lovely pair & my goodness they were tidy at the end. Glad you managed to keep yourself occupied & hope it is getting easier. Love your mermaid.
    Take care & much love
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww too cute!! hope they had a fab first day and oooh i see i will need more from the shop now!!!! lol!! hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...