9.18.2011

an Oufit and some extra Thoughts:).

har·mo·ny
n. pl. har·mo·nies
1. Agreement in feeling or opinion; accord: live in harmony.
2. A pleasing combination of elements in a whole:
thanksgiving stamp
thanksgiving stamp
thanksgiving stamp
thanksgiving stamp
thanksgiving stamp
It's a beautiful word, just hearing it. Harmony. During the sermon today, my pastor-- who is an artist himself-- described how an artist uses composition, color, and lines to create harmony in a piece of artwork. Whether it is a photo or a painting or an illustration...it's all there. Elements and colors and lines and placements, working to make a beautiful whole. It is just like a perfect song. A perfect day. Different little pieces doing their job. In agreement. Working towards the same ends.

It's a wonderful illustration for many aspects in our lives. You can feel when your life is in harmony. And family. When a family works together for the good of everyone. And a church. Everyone offering what talent(s) God has given them. It is in the details, too. Nothing-- nothing-- is too small in God's eyes. It took me a long time, really just till recently, to realize that God doesn't need everyone to work on a grand scale. Not everyone has to travel the world...but everyone can walk closer to Him. Everyone can do the little things in their day to His glory. Those thoughts make the daily grind mean so much more! Suddenly, it isn't about a list or a schedule or a routine. It is about doing everything to the best of your ability because it matters. It matters.

I thought I'd sprinkle an outfit post with some thoughts rolling around in my head today:). This was actually my church outfit:). I'm always cold. Once it hits 75-ish degrees, my body looses all ability to keep warm:). The shirt is so tissue thin, it is perfect to keep me warm but not hot!   I'm not sure my outfit is in perfect harmony;), but I always like mixing whites and creamy colors...those outfits always feel so soft and fresh.

I hope your weekend has been good, relaxing...filled with a sweet harmony:).

Recipe
shirt,skirt;  Free People
boots; Wanted 
tank, Target



Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Heart warming & so full of Truth. You made me think of "Everything works together for the good for those who love the Lord". Love your outfit - I've always shied away from mixing creams & whites, now I shall experiment, I've had some ideas floating about my mind & your post began to draw them together (well Harmonize them!). I am always cold - I live in layers - two pairs of socks, vest plus shirt plus cardigan plus body warmer plus scarf; just something next to the skin can help prevent those goose bumps & i certainly know what mean about losing body heat.
    Have a good week.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to be doing accounts, meant to be doing accounts, but couldn't help myself when I seen your post pop up and I have to say you had me hooked on every word. I have never thought about the word harmony like that, in fact fair to say I have never put much thought into the word full stop and I loved how you have opened my eyes and got me thinking. And as always I love your outfit, and you look gorgeous in it! Maybe I should ban you from posting your outfits hehe, you make me want something every time haha!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That outfit is so lovely, I think it it harmonious! Especially those boots, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love what you had to say about being close to God. love that reminder sooo much! and also you skirt paired with the boots, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you said and agree wholeheartedly! It is a small minority of people who will fill stadiums, but if we all look for little ways to show God's love to somebody, the world would be changed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, what a wonderful way to look at artists and harmony, love it.I will have to tell little mo all about this one as he will love that, and the outfit is soooooo gorgeous.
    hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still getting used to seeing you without dreads :)
    your outfit looks fab
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair is looking gorgeous Krista, really glossy. Loved the 'nibbles' of thoughts sprinkled in today's post, and the outfit is lovely. I know what you mean about it feeling soft and fresh.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful. your thoughts, your heart, your gauzy gossamer skirt layers and boots! love it.
    :o)
    Mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Krista your beautiful, thanks for leading me toyour blog and I look forward to manymore delightful visits to an amazing ladys blog huggies June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovin' your outfit! Your style ROCKS! Wish I were tall enougt, thin enough and YOUNG enough to carry it off. I'll live vicariously through you! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm new to following; have to say this post is what convinced me to join along with your other readers. =) I have been working a bit on being more Mary, less Martha- and finding contentment with my purpose here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...