9.28.2011

When All Else Fails, Shop in the Kids Section:)

I don't know if I will end up as one of those parents that embarrasses their kids. I'd like to believe, and I really do, that my kids just won't be the type to get embarrassed. For sure I will never tolerate them not giving me kisses and hugs because it's not cool. Oh, I will hunt them down while applying my reddest lipstick and smooch them good. 37 times. Right on their sweet little faces!:) Our family is goofy. And loud. Really, really loud. (Is yours loud?  Does it hurt your mama ears sometimes?:) We play jokes. And the kids talk openly about everything. We pray in the mornings before we walk into school. And if we forget, well...we stop and pray in the hallway real quick. I like how the four of us operate as a group. They know Phil is always good for a smackdown. And that mommy still thinks words like fart and booger are funny. (I do. You do too. Don't lie;) I even love the noise. Well...most of the time. And my hope is that all the noise and laughter and goofiness will keep us a little shielded from the world. And what others might expect as the kids grow. And especially keep Niamh and Philly protected from being aware of things like feeling embarrassed or silly or even grown up. For as long as possible:).

After the kiddies went to school, Phil and I went out to breakfast this morning. Then drove up to the bookstore. I was excited to browse more than just the kid's section this time;). Although, I did stop in there and buy a really cute Halloween storybook. I gotta say, I have gotten use to having this guy all to myself for a few hours each week. He definitely makes me laugh. Caught him lurking behind bookshelves a couple times, trying to sneak up on me. I guess we still haven't grown up. :)

thanksgiving stamp

Speaking of growing up. I'm just going to say it. I bought my vest in the little kid's section at Target this week. So. I have been looking for a big, furry vest for a month now. They are all so expensive. And I never found the one. Until I saw a rack full of THEE ONE's on the way to check out the other day. I stood forever at that clothing rack. Doing sweeps of my area, making sure no one was looking. Quickly holding it up to my shoulders to check the length. But, I wasn't sure it would fit around my back.  Insert: trip to little boys section, between socks and pajamas...where no one else was in sight. I tried that sucker on so fast, I started sweating:). And it fit. LOL. So, if you like the vest...check the kids section at Target. It's only 24.99!!

thanksgiving stamp
thanksgiving stamp
thanksgiving stamp
thanksgiving stamp
thanksgiving stamp

And here are photos from the week of my two little rascals. Niamhy had to get stitches because she fell into a table at home. Twirling in living room + long hair in face = falling down ( + 6 stitches). She asks me at least 10 times a day if anymore of her eyebrow hairs have fallen out:). I keep telling her, Baby-- women pull them out all the time. You're ahead of the game! LOL...And my Papa Bear. *sigh* I just want to kiss his cheeks forever:).

thanksgiving stamp
thanksgiving stamp

I hope your week is treating you well...and that you get lots of chances to enjoy childhood...Whether it is through your own kids or just alive in you own heart. Or both.

xoxo

20 comments:

  1. oh poor niamh, hope its not too sore and her eyebrows look gorgeous!! bless her!
    Mo was very impressed by the metal star on your photographs!!!
    wow, childrens section clothes? i used to be able to do that before i had mo!! :( need to loose some blubber now though!!
    have a great day hun,hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww bless Niamh with her plaster!

    It sounds like you had a fab morning ... although I feel the need to say at this point in time I *hate* you for fitting in children's clothes!!!!! In my dreams!! But it is a fab vest!!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that vest of yours ♥
    Got inspired by all your nerd glasses pictures so bought myself biig glasses now that I needed new ones ;)
    Have a sweet day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these posts where you let us into your world - it certainly makes me feel closer and not across the Atlantic
    have a great day Krista
    just want to say thanks for the lovely comment you left on my Pearl, a mermaid post - I can't believe the number of lovely comments I got for that card :)
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, poor girl! My son is 20 months, and he already has a scar from the same thing... I think it makes him look mysterious. ;) I love the vest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Er um........ don't think I'm going to be too popular here but I'll confess........
    I wanted to get myself a really feminine under vest - with lace & sort of like a camisole so went to the Ladies Lingerie & tried them on...... I was just looking & looking but nothing fit - I went as small as I could & my boobs still hung over the top & there were folds & folds of soft silky material gathered in wrinkles under my arms. Finally I solved it - in the kids section Boys 14 year old undervests - plain white cotton but the fit is perfect! Lacey camisoles will have to stay in my dreams.
    Hope Niamh is recovering well - goodness I hope you've recovered from that too. Like Debz I agree it's a real privilege to be part of your world.
    R is painting & I'm trying to get some semblance of order into my craft stash so I don't duplicate when I go to the Craft Show on Friday. Had a super day out with R yesterday.
    Much love
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS - I thought this first - You look fabulous in that vest.
    PEP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww poor Niamh! Stitches are never fun.

    It's so wonderful to read your posts and get a glimpse of your fun and sweet family. I really "LOL" when I read the fart and booger part. Because although I shouldn't admit it, they ARE funny! Hope you have an awesome week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww sweet sweetness! You totally keep rockin the pochahontus (sp?!) look! ;o)
    muah!
    Mel :o)
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boooo to stitches... but hooray for awesome bandaids! :P :P You guys are such a cute family... that's awesome that you stick together as a unit. My hubby are like that in so many ways and I hope it just grows when we decide to have a wee one (or three). And I love your vest, and the story that goes along with it. :P You are too cute. -- Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the vest ('hate' you for fitting into a kiddies size though !!!) Seriously you're lookin' good in it, so wear it with pride. No one will ever know (and we won't tell on you!).

    Hope Niamh is better soon, love the plaster she's wearing. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. must be nice to be small enough to fit in child clothes. it looks really good on you.

    and as always your kids are precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute vest.. well worth the trip to the boys section!! Hope Niamh is feeling better..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look so Lovely!! ;) You do really have a great blog! I love to be here every now and then. anyway i want to invite you to join our new community http://girlstalksociety.com where in you can share your blog posts, create new groups, meet new friends and you can even be a moderator there if you want to, so we can feature your site in the gts spotlight. just do let me know by pm...my username there is prewchatterly. Lets help each others blog have better rankings. by the way this october we will be having our everyday BLOG HOP AND MEME feel free to join in your free time Godbless you! hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look amazing in that vest! I need one!!! You're right, they are all at least $50. My wallet does not like :(

    Your kids are adorable... and so sweet that you and hubby got some date time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool vest (or waistcoat as I guess we would call it here lol) don't be embarrassed about fitting into kids clothes as we are all just jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dude, you should be thankful to be able to fit into kids' clothes; that's where all the cutest stuff is! Just don't get tempted by all the glitter and rhinestones.

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha! i have been shopping in the target kid's section for years! XL baby!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your vest is nice... and can i just say you have some beautiful children,, take after there mum for sure -

    Hugs

    Ami-May

    xox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...