10.27.2011

Creative. Pink. Johnny.

The other day, I was driving in the truck and thinking up different projects I want to give a go...And I started thinking about that feeling of just wanting to create something. You know, I've got drawers filled with my 'creations'... some I keep tucked away for a future day. For the perfect time to give to the perfect person. Other things, well...they sit because I just don't know what else to do with them. Sometimes I try a new craft, love it, and then look back and really don't feel the same about it at all. Same thing can happen with my artwork. I use to feel bad...and maybe a little bummed about my proto-types or faded passions...but I've come to realize that they serve a good purpose. Everything I have attempted, tried, failed at, or moved on from...all those crafts and projects were a little stepping stone on the way to the creativity I feel right now--the projects I'm excited about at this moment. And the projects get a little better each time. I learn a little more with each one. And then my dreams get even bigger, too:). I'm glad I get that feeling of wanting to make something almost on a daily basis. It is never a waste to sit and create a piece of artwork or a new craft project.

It is the same for everything that requires passion and a desire to make something...whether you are a musician. or a writer. singer. baker. an artist. or even someone who has the gift of hospitality. It kinda just wells up inside until you can get an hour or two to create. Give life to your ideas. Make something beautiful just for the sake of creating-- totally independent of anything or anyone else. I love how God has given us that inner desire!

Krista Smith
Krista Smith
Krista Smith
Krista Smith
Krista Smith

So this outfit verges on too girly for me:)...had to bounce out all that pink and fluff with some black tights and combat-esque boots:). Still wasn't sure if I was feeling it...until I got a package in the mail late in the day that added that extra touch of toughness that I like:). Take a peek...(And look at that beautiful packaging!! Prettiest I've ever seen!!)

Krista Smith
Krista Smith
I almost died when I opened it!!  An up-cycled Cash tee-- now a totally awesome handbag!:)  Phil was outside and I literally ran out of the house waving my new handmade bag at him:).  I really need to be invited to a fun indie-music-cafe-marketplace-type thing, people:)...I just can't waste this awesome gift on the supermarket, ya know:)? 

Who made this crazy-awesome piece??  One of my most cherished blog readers, Mel:).  (I really love this chic!:).  And you HAVE to go check out her blog (one of my very favorites in the whole bloggy world!:)!  It is filled with the most unique and precious handmade gifts/crafts you could ever find!  She is a true artist and a daily inspiration!  Her family is sweet and she is so lovely, inside and out!  Oh.  And like-- hysterical!  I never visit her blog and leave without laughing out loud:).  If you want to treat yourself to a *truly beautiful* blog read, hop over to Needle and Nest Design...and add her to your daily dose of everything creative!!:)...BTW, this was her thank-you to me for winning one of my giveaway totes!!...how sweet is that!?!

So, what is on your Creative TO-DO List??
...I'd love to know!:) xo

13 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws shucks, I'm all blushing and stuff - talk about pink! Now I get to finally show a lil' d.i.y on upcycling t-shirts into funky handbags on my blog without ruining the surprise for you! hehe.
    Looks good on you, like Cash always does ;o)
    xoxo
    Mel
    www.needleandnestdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one awesome bag! and girl, i love how your paired the girly with those awesome boots. i am a big fan of putting contrasting pieces together! you always look so beautiful, too. love you lots - and hope we get the chance to meet one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so beautiful!! And that bag is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your outfit - everything about it!
    I always try to take pictures of my outfits, but I think between my lack of modeling skills and my husband's lack of an eye for a good picture, I always end up looking chubby in the pictures. So I never put up outfit pictures.
    I'm planning on doing some upcycled skirts this weekend from shirts - men's dress shirts and a sweater. looking forward to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this look. The black tights and bag are perfect egdy to the feminine skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well - stunning combination of white & black with girlie pink & no it is not too girlie & it suits you perfectly. Terrific bag for you too. Now as to your post - it hit home with me - that I shouldn't feel guilty about having to go through some stages, sometimes you have to go through to get to; what I have to curb is the compulsion to buy & store what I'm not using just now for my thinking where I'll be is not necessarily where I end up because this creative process has God's stamp on it & He knows better than I. Goodness that was a ramble..... but. So what am I up to. 1. Trying to get find a theme for my moving my blog to WordPress & get to grips with the mechanics of doing so. 2. I want to test & compare cardstock & alcohol marker brands 3. I want to finish the Colouring 101 homework 4. I want to get back to doing Challenges 5. I want to learn how to use digi images....... oh dear so many "I wants".
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  9. super awesome idea with the bag!! and the needle and nest blog is always worth checking out, full of inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. here's the boomerang post - right back at'cha! ;o)
    http://needleandnestdesign.blogspot.com/2011/11/johnny-cash-my-sweet-stash.html

    xo Mel

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your outfit here. You are so beautiful! And the handbag is amazing too!

    <3 Jenn
    jenn-mcclure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...