10.25.2011

Hello!

Hello all! I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all the girls who left lovely, heart-warming comments about my guest post on Casey's blog. I really enjoyed reading through all your insightful, encouraging thoughts! It is so fun to meet new readers, and I'm so thankful you guys took the time to say hello! I hope you will continue to find my blog a place for encouragement and friendship!

Because some of you are new readers, I thought I'd share a little about what I do. For the last year and a half, I have worked from home. I started selling artwork on Etsy April 2010...and that sort of morphed into designing digital stamps. I opened my second Etsy store this fall (September 2nd was the first day I listed items)...and I've barely caught a breath since opening!!:) I really love being involved in the crafting community; everyday I am inspired by other crafty, artistic women. It is a true joy! And it has allowed me to be at home with my husband and children...which I am so very thankful for!!

Here are some of my characters colored in for projects and fun little gifts...

halloween craft
halloween craft
halloween craft
halloween craft

They are a little quirky-- big eyes and most of the time puffy lips...and I like big feet, too:) LOL...I don't know why, but my character's feet tend to be a little over-emphasized:). You can check out more designs by clicking the link to my shop.

In other news...I've been MIA since Sunday. I didn't feel great this weekend. Just off. And then Philly was sent home from school yesterday with a sore throat and a fever. For some reason, he can go from totally great to super sick in a very short time. He seemed pretty good all afternoon after I brought him home. He chatted up the doctor (who also said he did not seem sick at all:)...And then last night he went down hill again:(. Ended up with 103 degree fever. So I wrapped him like a mummy in cold paper towels (something I find is really effective in bringing down fevers...and is a slightly better option than a chilly bath)...poor guy. We were both up until almost 4am. But, thankfully, avoided a hospital visit. (I go to the ER when fevers hit 104. I just get way too nervous.)

halloween craft

He is feeling much better today. He's such an easy going kiddo. And the sweetest, too. He didn't want me to give him a kiss last night because he was afraid I'd get sick:). I told him I'll take me chances. How can I not kiss that kid...wrapped up like the cutest mummy ever??:)

Hope you all have a lovely day...Thanks for stopping by:)xo

23 comments:

  1. Poor Philly - I hope he is feeling a whole lot better now.
    Big Hugs for him
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope poor Philly is feeling better...it's certainly no fun being sick....I also would risk infection for a sweet kiss from my Georgia.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I hope he feels better soon! What a cutie! My son n law, and two grandson's have been sick but feeling better. These ole flu bugs, are no fun! Jonathan is still stopped up pretty good so I think he is going to have to go back to the dr. again, he's 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope he is feeling much better today. Mums would always chance a kiss wouldnt we.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Krista! I found you through your post on Casey's blog, and am now following you and have added you to my sidebar list. Hope you'll come and check me out!

    Blessings,

    Cindy @ Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Krista what a sweetie he is not wanting you to get sick I do hope he gets much better soon, it scares the heck out of me when my little ones are poorly hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor little guy. Glad to hear he's feeling better. Hope you do end up avoiding the bug.
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, Poor little honey.. Hope he is feeling better.. Hes sure a little cutie!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. being sick just ain't no fun.
    sending prayers.hugs.energy.tickles your way!

    xo Mel
    needle and nest design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Philly, glad to hear he is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well wishes for your little guy...kisses make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww poor baby i hope hes feeling better soon. I hate when they get sick. Hope you dont catch it either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to hear that he is feeling better. younger kids usually do bounce back pretty fast. :)

    And I love your characters. They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Philly is getting his early chances on being a "mummy" for Halloween, eh?

    What are they wearing by the way? I bet its going to be cute. My son is going to be a Rockstar Monkey. :]

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you took your chance with the crafting comunity i love your images Krista. As for you little boy, i wish him well soon, my little girl used to run very high temps, eventually they ran tests for something terrible and sinister, which thank G"d turned out it wasnt, but temps are really scary especially when very high cos they can have convulsions. Feel better soon
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh bless him, poor philly, so glad he is feeling better today hun. Mo has a bit of a temp thing going on too, he always has, he struggles to regulate his temp, its just pops out of nowhere and he gets all juddery, we have been up to the hospital no end of times with him. He can't even wear vests in the winter because he gets too hot too quick, wish i kept warm like that!!!
    have a fab day huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww,your poor little man!! There is nothing more gutwrenching than our kids being sick, my little boy has chicken pox at the moment but is thankfully over the worst of it.
    I am SOOOOOO happy I found your ETSY shop, your images have kept me sane the last few days. xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. awww sweet boy, hope he feels better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOhhhh he looks so .... I don't know the word but it's not nice to see him like that.... glad he's feeling better today!! So sweet he doesn't want you to get sick... he's a little bit like my sweet boy.. allways thinking about somebody else.. sooooo sweet!!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Poor Philly hope he's better soon hun.
    He looks so sweet all wrapped up like that.xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. aw poor philly.i hope he feels better soon.he looks so sweet all wrapped up and how thoughtful of him to not want you to be sick.
    i am loving your gorgeous cards and bookmarks too.i am hoping someone will buy me some of your digital images for me for christmas as i don`t shop online and i am really missing out on colouring your beauties in :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry to hear you've both been poorly & hope that you are both feeling much much better & on the mend.
    It's great seeing you explain about the features of your characters. I love seeing your colouring & artwork with them too.
    Take care of yourself.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...