11.05.2011

Perfect Sweater.

Here is the perfect Mom Sweater.

Krista Smith

Let me tell you why:)...

I would do anything for any one of my family members. I can feel my blood start to boil when one of them has been treated wrongly. When something is important to one of them, it means the world to me too. Because their happiness makes me happy. And their fears scare me. And their sadness ruins my day.

And then I had kids. And those feelings tripled. Didn't even know they could-- but it's so true. Having children really is like watching your heart walk around inside of someone else.

It's why I cry when their hearts are broken.

Why I almost passed out when Niamh got her stitches. (I really felt every stitch. Then I stopped feeling everything and the room started spinning:).

Why I turn the truck around and drive two miles the wrong direction-- because Philly is positive he just saw a moose in someone's front yard.

Why the kids and I have done the chinese fire drill in our driveway while blasting ACDC.

Why I wear an Edward t-shirt to the premier of each new Twilight movie. (Okay. that one is actually for myself. But please don't tell anyone:).

I live for these kiddies. I love being a part of their world. It's funny how tiny parts of their day mean so much to me.

Today I grabbed Philly out of class with two minutes to spare. (I was there for a meeting, and figured I'd just take him while I was in the building.) As he walked over to me, he purposely went out of his way. Over to his friend, Owen. Bent his head down, and looked him right in the eyes. And then said something softly. I could tell it was important. And a little sad. Philly looked like an adult, trying to comfort a little kid. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen him do.

He came out of the class and said, Mommy, I feel sad.
I guess Owen had accidentally thrown his puppy behind a cabinet in the classroom. And now the puppy was gone forever. And that ruined Owen's day. And Philly's day, too.The teacher even tried to get it...but he was lost for good.

I thought he was gonna burst into tears.  So I busted out the Mommy-Super-Hero-Cape, threw that sucker on, and said-- let's go get that puppy. (i don't actually own the cape...but how cool would that be??:)...

I went in and spoke to the substitute teacher. An older lady. Told her I needed to find the puppy. And she looked at me like I had lost my mind:). She was right in the middle of writing Owen's mama a note...And she had already tried to get him. I wasn't gonna have much luck either.

In the nicest way, I still offered to try. (pretty sure she thought I was nuts.)

Honestly, if I set my mind to it, I could probably push our house of its foundation:). Those filing cabinets in the way were no match for this chick:).

So, I climbed on a stool onto a cabinet. And in the most unlady-like pose, five feet in the air, bent over and rescued that old puppy toy with a yard stick. Thank goodness for my crazy long Anthro sweater:). (And I got it for like 100$$ less than its original price. I know. Total score. :) So, all this to say its kinda nice to have my sweater already come in handy. Covering up my behind in the air. Trying to rescue some other kid's toy, so my own son can have a nice start to his weekend:).

When Philly ran the toy over to his friend, the whole class cheered. Philly even got a little applause. And a huge, relieved smile from Owen. He just stood there like a happy hero in front of the whole kindergarten.

Krista Smith

Kinda makes a mama's day:).


Krista Smith

18 comments:

  1. super yey!! go super mommy!! now you need to swap that cute headband out for one with 'SM' on it. You are so thoughtful hun and I lurve the long cardi!!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab story. Made my day too !!!
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, your stories allways bring a smile to my face!! You are such a sweet mom, you are the best!!!!! Love to read how you write about your family with so much love... it's sooooo sweet!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your kids are so happy to have you as a mom!! it warms my heart to see how much love some people have to give :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such a great story. Good for you, Philly and Owen. Oh and of course, for the puppy. A sweet happy ending!

    Loulou @ Loulou Downtown

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for stopping by my blog.

    i absolutely LOVE your blog. i love the design, your style, and that you love your family so much. i totally relate. i sometimes tear up when i'm laying in bed at night i think what i would feel if something ever happened to them. i know... pathetic. :)

    have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your story ~ put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's something about visiting you that sparks a smile. Just alltogether a joy to read this - the way you tell it is just priceless. Thank you for giving me a glimpse of what motherhood too - It's not something I'd really have thought about but for your post.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg thats the sweetest story!!!
    p.s. you going to see Breaking Dawn Part 1 ??
    SO EXCITED and how do you get anthro so cheap? i can never find it online on sale in my size :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. this post made me so happy. Mama moments like that trump everything else.
    Good job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing such an awesome story. It made my morning! Super Mom to the rescue! Haha.

    <3 Jenn
    jenn-mcclure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! Mommy to the rescue in her amazing perfect mom sweater. :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww! I like you, and we just met. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! Those moments are so sweet! Glad you could save the day... and your sweater is rockin for sure! I'm hopping over from Casey's hop. And I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You are a super-hero to Philly, Owen, and that stuffed puppy! =) Love, Love, LOVE your blog and your style! Your blog has become my happy place!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha im such a sucker for a happy ending! This story bought a tear to my eye! It's great to hear that people still care about their familys and do anything for them...Your a hero in your own right lady :) xx

    http://booksartandstartrek.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so great! A characteristic that I am sure your son will have his entire life. :) Good job Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Even though I read your blog regularly, I rarely comment, but I have to tell you that this is the best story ever!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...