11.27.2011

Staying Cozy!

goorin brothers hats
goorin brothers hats
goorin brothers hats
goorin brothers hats
goorin brothers hats
goorin brothers hats
Earlier this month,   Robyn from Minimalist Knitter invited me to select an item from her Etsy shop.  I'm sure by now, you know I love scarves, especially the handmade kind...so I picked out this lovely green scarf for winter.  It's short and sweet and super cozy.  A nice change from longer, bulkier scarves- especially if you don't want the added bulk, just the warmth:).  I'm pretty hooked!:)  (Think I might snag another for each of the kiddies, too.  I always worry about sending them to school with long scarves, since the play on jungle gyms and climb sliding boards...I know it is me being a worry wart, but I just fear they might get tangled.  These are THE perfect kiddy scarves! No wrapping or fixing for little hands.  

Please head over to Robyn's blog (she has a little baby...he is the cutest!!) and say hello!  Also, check out her beautiful assortment of handmade items here.  (I bought my sister the Snug as a Bug Sleep Sack for my newborn niece, Elphie.  She loved it...such a nice way to keep baby warm without worrying about covers!)

goorin brothers hats

And some pics from our Saturday.  Our old lady dog, Lilo:)...Getting rid of our pumpkins.  (Philly cried...he thought you could keep them forever; so we took a picture for memory's sake:)...Bought the kid's footie- jamas.  Philly picked Spongebob.  He also sleeps on a Spongebob pillow.  With Spongebob plushies for snuggling.  (Do you notice a theme here?:)  Niamh tried to talk me into the adult size pj's...but I just couldn't do it:).  Oh...and Sally Hansen nail strips-- Christmas prints!!  Now I'm candy-caned out!:)

Hope your Saturday was lovely and relaxing!!  Any Christmas decorating going on??  
I'm so ready to bust out the lights and tree!!:)

vest, target
jeans, ?
cardigan, target
tank, target
earrings, target

XOXO

10 comments:

  1. haha. I love that your kid almost convinced you to get the adult sized pajamas. it just sounds like a cute conversation in my head and just the ability for kids t reason so well at such a young age is so delightful and refreshing... I can't wait to reason with my children someday. I am such a woman right now! gosh. lol

    You look beautiful btw! Seriously. You have a great figure and that isn't just because you've had kids. Your husband can attest to this statements validity I'm sure!

    ♥CheChe

    http://savedthrulove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting our outside lights up this afternoon, and they will be turned on from Dec 1st. The tree doesn't go up until the first weekend in December. We have been busy out visiting friends before the head off to New Zealand for Christmas and also baking scrummy Brownies.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOoooo Love the nails!! We are on countdown now to putting the decorations up too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style! Especially that vest--cozy AND cute! I saw a candy cane nail tutorial on Pinterest the other day and added it to my to-do list...but sally hansen nail strips sound much better suited to my skill level ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly look a treat & very "you". We've been clearing leaves this afternoon & discovered the kitchen drain blocked (have to get the professionals in) but I'm gratefulthat we did before it becomes an emergency & any freezing weather. Not quite got my head into gear for Christmas yet....
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hat! You are seriously too adorable :)

    xo, Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just decorated our apartment, but still waiting a week or so to get a tree. How do you like those Sally Hansen nail strips? I'm thinking of getting some, but worried they will look terrible, or peel off the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already put up my christmas tree a couple of days ago. I just couldn't wait any longer!! and I love pretty scarfs too, I knit one myself a couple of weeks ago and it's super long and warm and cozy. LOVE wearing it every day :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ dana:

    sweetie, go for the nail strips! they are actually hard to get off:)!! Takes me forever, even with nail polish remover. I'm really hard on my nails, and they hold up well for at least a week. Just make sure your nails are clean and dry...and put them on right when you peel back the plastic they are held in. They don't keep well-- hard to put them on properly after they sit out for some time.

    Let me know how you like them!:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...