12.16.2011

Play.

Last night, we all headed to the school Christmas play.  Niamhy gets sooooo excited over this each year.  It's so fun to watch her bounce up and down with the beat of the music, singing her little heart out.  And Philly was adorable.  He would suck in so much breath to start singing each chorus.  I love watching his expressions during the music.  Such a music guy!

december daily 2011
december daily 2011
december daily 2011
december daily 2011

He is only six.  So I took advantage of his disregard for fashion and put suspenders on that boy:).  And a mis-matchy tie and button down.  Oh.  And skinny skaterboy jeans:).  I wanted to eat him up.  It is my favorite Christmas outfit to date!  I asked him if I could yell, "eat your hearts out girls!!" when I walked next to him later that night.  He said exactly this:  "well.  okay.  but I'm probably gonna regret this."

december daily 2011

Niamh planned her outfit around her new "high heel" shoes.  The ones I did not want to buy...but I remember what it was like to click around in pretty heels as a little girl.  So, I gave in.  It made her night.  She felt so pretty.  And the little farmer guy-- that is one of her best friends at school.  I think there is a little crushing going on there...they seem kinda inseparable.

december daily 2011

We came home and I made hot chocolate with marshmallows.  And they were allowed to watch shows as late as they could stay up (I knew neither one would make it past 10pm:).  They did such a wonderful job.  I felt so blessed by the whole night.  Watching all those children sing about Christ and the real meaning of Christmas warmed my heart.  It was a lovely night!

xo

12 comments:

  1. I can tell you are such a proud mama and it's well deserved because those are two of the cutest kids ever :) I so <3 Philly's killer outfit and his quote had me giggling. I'm glad you and the family are enjoying the holiday season...hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't figure out what was more adorable, Niamh with her "high-heel" shoes, Philly with his adorable Christmas get-up or the new crush that Niamh has. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are adorable. And LOL at letting them stay up as late as they could ... we do that sometimes on the weekends with our daughter because she, too, can't last past 10pm :b

    xoxo,
    Noelani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, this post made me smile and giggle! Thank you so much for sharing, you have adorable children =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwww krista this is such a lovely post and they both look absolutely gorgeous
    huge hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely terrific - they are a real credit to you & Phil.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Niamhy looks so pretty with that headband on. Philly is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Krista,
    your post and the pictures of your beautiful kids warmed my heart. As a mom I know how proud you are.
    Big Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw these are just the sweetest pics ever krista.yur children really are so gorgeous ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. your kiddies are so beautiful. just like their momma :) happy holidays to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are adorable, you're such a fun mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. :). So beautiful! I love the last part. I heard some young kids sing about Christ in a play that my friends nephews school threw. It was so beautiful to see all those faces light up and just shout out JESUS name and give even an evangelical message at the end through the story of his birth. SO amazing

    ♥CheChe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...