2.20.2012

Borrowers.

krista smith art
krista smith art
krista smith art
krista smith art
krista smith art

This past Thursday, we dropped off the kiddies at my sister's and headed 4 1/2 hours south to Virginia. I had my first Copics class, and we figured since it was just after Valentine's Day, we could combine it into a nice little get away. Driving down, I ended up feeling pretty bad...got a terrible head cold. And a nasty case of pink eye in both eyes. (What is it with me and this pink eye thing?...Always been susceptible, even as a kid!) Despite feeling yucky Thursday and Friday, I had a great time in class...And a fab time with the big guy;). We went out to dinner and saw a scary movie. And then he pushed me into a pitch black hotel room when we got back...and scared me half to death:). (I was so scared after that movie, I let him know flat out that I was gonna kick him if he didn't put a light on for me:). It was really a fun little get-away...and I learned so much! I finally learned what that blender Copic does. That one had baffled me for sometime:). I wouldn't say I've mastered the art of Copics just yet, but at least I have some new techniques...and I will no longer try to blend two different colors with the blender:).

 I always miss the kids a lot when they stay over night away from us. So, Sunday we treated them to dinner out, the bookstore, and the movie, Arrietty. Ohhhhh....I loved the movie! I like really well done cartoon movies, and it was pretty perfect. My children are now obsessed with the thought of little people living below our floors:). We had to make a second stop (in two days) at the Hobby Lobby store and get some cardboard houses for them. I'm decorating the outsides tonight. Will have to show you our completed little "Borrower's" neighborhood later this week! Gotta say, I'm a little obsessed myself. I've always thought it was my fault I lost so many socks and hairbands and pins and change and....Anyways, now I know. It's just the Borrowers:). Hope they know they are welcomed here!


Have a great week my friends! 
 xx

23 comments:

  1. i'll have to check out this movie - and your date night sounds perfect. :) glad you were able to get away for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you share some of those copic blender techniques you learned...Glad you had a great Valentines get away!!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww glad your weekend turned out good. I hope your feeling better. I too, would love to know what that little blender is for lol. A copic class would be awesome. Maybe they will have one in texas some time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww sorry to read about the pink eye...gladyou are feeling better
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun time - minus the sickies, so sorry!
    I enjoying stopping by and reading your posts :) I love those cardboard houses, now I want to make one, haha! I used to make cute houses when I was little with my mother. We would play outside and find pine bark, moss, sticks, and flowers to build the cutest houses. I miss those days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved 'The Borrowers' books when I was young. I don't know if it is available in the US but the BBC has just made a new adaptation of 'The Borrowers' which is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got away Krist but such a shame you werent 100 percent darlin, hopeyour felling a little better now xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Krista.. what a great post.. You are ONE COOL mom.. with the kids house and the "borrower">. I have to take my kids this week to watch.. I remember back in my days the where called the 'Little's".. Tommy,Lucy and Henry (the Biggs).. heheheh LOVE IT SOO..Thanks again for your awesome Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm glad you had fun despite the cold! and oh em gee, girl, why didn't you ask me about the so called "blender" pen.*giggle* I love your blog posts and seriously want to see that movie! we saw a trailer for it when we saw beauty & the beast so I'm gonna have to figure a way to steal the girls over to see it sooner rather than later! it sound so sweet and i can see them wanting to built little villages for them as well. fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh too cute Krista! sounds like you had a fab time and I love the little houses!! showed Mo the arrietty trailer and I so hope it comes out here in the UK, he loves the borrowers film!!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. morning sweetie this post made me laugh my other half does things like that to spook me :0)))) I was having a down day yesterday and he came and gave me a hug and something wrapped in paper, when I opened it it was a rolo how sweet is that I don't even eat chocolate but the thought was there, (in the UK there was an advert about rolo and it asked do you love anyone enough to give them your last rolo)huggles Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  12. New blog follower, but wanted to say hi. :) I am loving the pics and enjoying reading your blog. I hope you will stop by my blog sometime. It is a work in progress. :)

    http://yesthismamablogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always wanted to see this file. (Haven't found the time to do so.) Now after what you said, I think I will have to see it now!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the Borrowers so much when I was young...used to read it over and over and totally believed they were real.....I used to leave little things out for them in my bedroom at nightime!lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Krista,
    So glad you had an enjoyable break, even though you were 'a bit' scared..lol!!
    Those little houses look adorable and that would have been the things my own daughter (now 23) would have loved. Infact she still loves dolls houses to this day. As to the borrowers even I as a child loved to imagine the little people, I think my first love came with reading Gulliver's travels, then later The Borrowers.
    Have a great week. Linda (UK)

    ReplyDelete
  16. get well soon and i love the borrowers are they not real could sear we have them when things go missing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you're feeling very much better by now. I remember The Borrowers was one of the first more classic books that I had....... sounds like you're having a great time with the kids as a result of the film. Glad you still managed to enjoy the Copics class despite feeling not so good.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved that book as a child, will look forward to dragging my 17 year old to see this when it comes to the UK. So lucky to go on some Copic training have been looking for something like that, look forward to seeing what you come up with, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhh.. I used to think the Littles lived in our home too! tee hee!! :) Yay for copic training .. I think they really did misname the blender (so misleading) lol!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there! I would like to order some of your digi stamps and I have a few questions for you. Do they come in JPEG and PNG format? Are they zipped? Does it really take 24 hours? Sorry about all the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Krista,
    Although I've done some copics classes (here in Australia only Copic sellers can do the certified classes, us customers can only be taught by the sellers, boo hoo) I've learnt most of my skills from Zoe's " Make it Crafty dot com " closed Facebook group - Colleen Schaan is just one of the very talented Copic colorists who provide advice, Zoe herself is also a Copic Master! Come join us, most of us are SC fans and you'll seen many of your images coloured up too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww so cute glad you had a fun getaway sweetie and that you enjoyed your class! Hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...