2.29.2012

It's Titanic. Everything.

krista smith art
This girl is on a Titanic kick.

Like, that is all she is talking about.

She has officially checked out every Titanic related book in her school library.

Has been stressing over the "women and children first" concept for the past two days. "She keeps saying, but then all the men I love are going to die..."

and I keep trying to explain
 (while not breaking into a giggle, cuz she is just too cute) 
that you are never going to be on the Titanic, babe!

We've been playing "My Heart Will Go On" during the car ride home from school in the afternoons. 

And since Phil is working this weekend, the three of us have a date with Kate and Leo and some popcorn.  (Phil hates this movie:)...so he might be glad to be at work on Saturday!)

Isn't it so fun to share a good movie you loved as a kid/teen with your own kiddos!?  I love to relive the whole thing through their own excitement.  They are just giddy for Saturday.  

And yes.  I loved that movie.  How could you not as a teen girl? 

I could just envision myself sailing away with my true love, standing on the front of a big ship.  Curls blowing in the wind.  Celine singing in the sky...

It's kinda funny-- because if I did that now with Phil....we would both be laughing so hard, we'd probably fall right into the ocean.
Oh...

Lots of you who have not Smashed before have asked exactly what this whole thing is all about.  Well, I'll point you here (or, if you have a Michael's or craft store by you...chances are, it will carry Smash books).  

It is basically a fun, easy, no stress way to journal...there are really no rules.  You don't even need to write.  You can just smash all the things inspiring you onto a page and then be done:).  It's a super good time, especially if you love to save little things like ticket stubs or vacation brochures-- anything!  Give it a try!  They are relatively inexpensive to buy (without all the goodies) and kind of addicting actually!  (I have everyone except the Yellow Book!)...

krista smith art

Okay.  
Have a wonderful Wednesday night!  
We are off to watch Veggie Tales at church;).  

Night!
xo

22 comments:

  1. awww I love Titanic!! It was the best!! I just watched it last week! and they are releasing it in April in 3D in theaters!! you should take her!
    ~Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I was OBSESSED with the Titanic (still am?) when I was a kid. I was completely fascinated by the whole story. I had books on it in elementary school, and I did a big research project on it in high school. And now, I adore the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still love titanic! and i went thru a titanic kick too as a kid - it's really so fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww how cute, Kids say the funniest things and are always so straight faced, while us moms are trying so hard to stifle that ever longing giggle...lol
    Have a fab night hun, it is sure a classic..
    Hugz
    Kenzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How CUTE!!! I remember I was in 8th grade when the movie came out and for English class we had to recite a poem, any poem, and I totally did the lyric from My Heart Will Go On!! I totally got a 100 b/c my teacher was in love with that movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first qualified as a Nurse 18 years ago I looked after a Titanic survivour. She had some fantastic stories to tell and led the most amazing life. She passed away peacefully at the age of 104. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! I bet that is a patient you will never forget!! How amazing!

      Delete
  7. How spooky, Georgia has been learning about the Titanic in school this month, and this weekend (the first one we have had free in ages and the only one in March) we are going to watch the movie together.....again. I have lost count of the number of times I have seen it now as I too have always been fasinated by the story.
    Hugs
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with her. With the 100 year anniversary coming up in April, I have been doing a lot of research and reading about the Titanic. It's tragic, but fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your children are beautiful and you seem to have such a wonderful relationship with them. May that never change.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that film, watched it with my daughter,Rebecca about a year ago - she sobbed most way through it!Gorgeous pic of Naimh - would that be the hairband all the way from England she's wearing? The smash thing sounds fantastic......and totally addictive!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is!! she is wearing it like everyday!!

      xx

      Delete
  11. Awww your poor little kiddo crying over the kids and women, so sweet. My grandson loved that movie too but I think he looked passed the death because he loved the ship. I hope you guys have a fun time, and you reliving the story with your kiddo's. I personally can't wait to see it again on the Big Screen! Want some more company?
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember the song being a hit in the classical charts - goodness was it really THAT long ago. I'm getting very old here. Thanks for Smash info too - investigating.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This makes me laugh! My little girl Hiolette (now 9) also fell in love with Titanic last year, we got the DVD for her and she adores it, I remember going to the cinema to see it at least twice and feeling oh so romantic about the whole thing lol! Enjoy your movie night hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your daughter is so adorable! I love her interest in Titanic though! You might have to take her to see it in 3D!

    -Madeline Grace
    Just Let the Sparrows Fly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the SMASH info!!
    I so wanna get smashing!!!
    And how cute is your baby girl with Titantic!
    Love that movie and Celine's song is the best!!! Have a fun movie weekend all snug-a-buggin(: with your babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your daughter and I are on one together, obviously. I'm so freaking pumped for Titanic 3-D this April...let me just tell you. I dyed my hair red to match Rose's and I pretty much kinda sorta hinted to my husband that what I REALLY wanted was an exact replica of the Heart of the Ocean necklace and OMG I GOT IT!!!!

    When Titanic originally came out I was like 12, and everybody at school told me to get over it already, because I would not let it go. Every assignment I did was somehow Titanic-related. I guess I did get a little obsessed, but it's soooooo goooooood!!!!!!

    So tell your daughter not to worry, she's not the only one, it's something in the air!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, one question. Is smash different from an "art journal" and how?
    Bye, Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  18. How sweet of your Daughter - bless her. My two Daughters when they were little and it was summer time - and we had the pool out.....you could hear them shouting
    " Don't let go Jack.....Jack....don't let go"! They'd both be holding on to a float shouting it at the top of their voices. I think I have a video ....just got to find it out. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm excited because at the end of the month Titanic: the Artifact Exhibition is coming to The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI (a suburb of Detroit). It's the 100th anniversary of the sinking this April, and the museum is getting the full exhibit (including a replica of the grand staircase, which guests can stand on for a photo op!). Cool!
    If you're looking for a fun family trip, you might want to think about a road trip to Michigan...your daughter will love the exhibit, but I'll bet they will love all the other things there too (like the updated automotive exhibit, Rosa Parks Bus, Kennedy's limo, or Abraham Lincolns chair from Ford's Theatre, or Greenfield Village, which is an amazing outdoor museum full of American history and innovation). Sorry to rattle on about it...I love the place and so do my kids! :) Check out their website or Facebook page, lots of info there! www.thehenryford.org

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow... your blog is freaking awesome!! I'm so glad that I stopped by. Looking forward to our blog hop ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...