2.23.2012

This and That.

New
Took out my dreads.  I think for a long time.  Just feel over them right now:).

Funny
A couple of guys who work in our Target store came over to me today and asked if I had a sister.  I said, "Oh.  Yeah.  I actually have two."  (We get this all.the.time.)  One guy hits other guy's arm.  Says, "See.  I told you."  Looks at me and says-- "You're sister has the dreads.  I knew your face looked familiar."

the Real me.
As much as I love dresses.  And live in a good pair of jeans.  And am always up for a great pair of boots.  As much.  

My first, true love?

workout clothing.  
like, full-on yoga garb.
(i don't actually do yoga, though. it's a front:)

Learned.
This week's sermon was on faith.  
And what I loved was this quote:

Faith is refusing to panic.

Jesus is in the boat.  
The storms will come.
But He has the power to deliver me.

krista smith art

March "To See" List.
Dr. Seuss' The Lorax
21 Jump Street
The Hunger Games
Mirror Mirror
Wrath of the Titans 
(note: we hated the first Titans movie...but they made this second trailer so good...  
with like awesome music in the background. 
how can we not give it one more shot?)


Ridiculous.
I recently ordered two Pooters.

Current Faves.
Smashing.
Cashews.
Really different ideas for stamps.
Red hair.
or. Maybe blonde?
My L.A.M.B. boots.
Snuggled.Sandwiched.Smooshed. 
between kids.
Bethenny Frankel
Doll house projects.
cozy. pink. sweatshirt.

Reading
(More on this in the future:)
and

Hoping
To de-clutter everything in my life.  
All the drawers.  The closets.  My schedule.
And then organize.

oh.  And try more "natural" products. (we've converted to some already).

And try pilates.
(pilates is a random one.  but really want to try them!)

Enjoy
each.new.day.

What's going on with you??
What would be something on your list?

xx

krista smith art

17 comments:

  1. Oh! I'm cracking up laughing at you son and daughter. I can picture you at the store and hearing them say that, too cute...and hilarious! Thanks for making my evening. My hubby even got a chuckle out of that one! tee hee hee Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this, poor Philly, but it's so adorable! How FUNNY about the guys and your dreads. P.s RED HAIR all the way baby! Loved seeing your life in photos again, always love when I see your link joined up!

    Have a great weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your post of Smashing. I love it too. I have 3 different books going. 1 is a real Smash book, the other 2 are altered notebooks. I love pilates. I've been sick lately, so I haven't done it in the past week or so. I love Bethenny too. I watched her season premiere the other day. I dvr'd it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely love the '5 Love Language' books. so amazing. and you can never ever go wrong with anything pink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see pictures of you without the dreads :) I love that the people at Target didn't realize it was you with out them! Those pictures are super cute also!

    & if I could live in Yoga clothes, I think I would also.

    -Madeline Grace
    Just Let the Sparrows Fly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy with science project with my 2 boys. Do Pilates twice a week and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it.. another sweet snapshot of your life.heart.thoughts!! Maybe your 'dread self' can get away with all the wild pranks - and you can be the sweet natured twin ;o)
    I'd be hard pressed to guess what your love language is - since you obviously value TIME with your fam... but also give sweet GIFTS... and SAY such kind things too... hmm... you'll have to fill us in! ;o)
    xo
    Mel
    needle and nest
    oh yah... what's new: we had a BOY on the 15th!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love lists so i loved this post - every single part of it, esp. your movie list, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post. Love the funny story and Your current faves. My current faves are yoga pants right now too. I always wanted to do zumba so for the past 7 weeks ive been going twice a week. So much fun. By the way im sure you would make a beautiful red head.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm dying to know how your hair is after you take out your dreds! They looked amazing! I'm just curious of the process you go through to get them in, out, and how your hair looks after? Love your blog!

    Courtney
    www.courtneysland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Faith Refusing to Panic, oh that is oh so good. Gave me goosebumps!

    Im really wanting to dye my hair again, but am hesitant because Im trying to grow it out and feel like I should keep it natural. Ugh.. decisions decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous pics krista :D i`ve just had a major declutter of house and garden and there is now a very full skip in the drive waiting to picked up.i think it makes you feel so much better when you have a declutter.i find it clears my mind at the same time.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in the middle of packing up to move house, we are downsizing so there is a lot of soul searching going on. My only consolation is that I am going to have my own craft room in our new house. I think I will need more than faith to keep me from panicking over the next few days though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very funny about the Target chaps. Now what is that dog saying to you - looks an amazing photo & I just love that middle photo bottom row - I keep coming back to it.
    To do List - learn not to procrastinate with the things that are chores..............that's another story. The sooner I start the sooner I'll get done just doesn't seem to permeate my head......
    Have a great weekend.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post Krista, as soon as I saw your list of films I knew it would be there:

    I can't wait to see The Hunger Games either! I'm currently reading Mockingjay, but really slowly because I don't want it to end...

    Have a great weekend and red hair would look great on you x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Krista you really should think about writing a book! I would buy it! tehhhee you really do tell the stories so well and make your everyday stuff so fun to read! LOVE the bit about the Target lads and 2 pooters wow! thehehehee! are they with authentic smells too? HOPE not! thehehee :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all your bullets, so fun and your quote about faith is so true!! Thanks for sharing the funny along with the heart-warming :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...