3.17.2012

Heart of It.

krista smith
cheetah pants
jerseylicious fashion
krista smith
denim shirt, jeans/ Target. tank/ Gap. boots/ Wanted. vest/?

I've been thinking a lot about who I am.  Like, my heart.  

It isn't that hard to be a good person on the outside.  
To be kind.  
To love others.
To do the right thing.
To be honest. Transparent.
Biting my tongue.
To be Christ-like.

Kindness can be pretty easy.  Sometimes, it is just as simple as a smile...

Loving others can be harder.  But when I do love them, am I patting myself on the back? 

Doing the right thing.  Hmmm.  Am I doing it immediately?  Or hesitating?

Am I being honest to myself?  

And the whole biting my tongue thing.  That rarely happens.  I'm quiet.  And shy.  
But sailor's can be quiet and shy, too.  And sometimes my mouth.  Well, it could fit in well on the open seas.

So now.  Do I really feel that Christ-like?  
And how would He answer that question for me?

I'm working on it.  
Battling somedays.  Because not all those things are part of my nature.
But I'm learning to ask Jesus boldly for the pieces I'm missing.

And sometimes, I just ask Him to put his hand over my mouth.
And hold tight.
(I can still breathe out of my nose;)...

And I love these lyrics:

I want to sign Your name to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true...
Casting Crowns, Lifesong

I want to put Christ's name on each day of my life.  
Knowing.  Full well.  He was my 
Focus. 
Joy.
 Reason.

xx

15 comments:

  1. Lately, I've been thinking like this as well. I have always said that I'm a nice person, but do my actions and the way that I treat other ppl really reflect what I think of myself.
    Not too long ago, a friend said that I was very standoffish when we first meet, and I could not believe that they said that! I pride myself on being friendly, but then when I took a step back and looking again, this friend was right.
    So lately, I've been taking the extra time to try to do more nice things, to think in a different way, and to open up a lil more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog everyday and particularly like this one! I can relate totally to it, but I know that the Lord loves us just as we are, because we are a work in process. I just finished a Bible Study and it describes us as "God's Masterpieces". I still have trouble getting my head around the fact that I am his masterpiece, but I try to convince myself daily of that fact. You are a masterpiece also. I can see it in your pictures and read it in your words. Keep the faith, do what your doing and know that He loves you just as you are...a work in progress....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! I've honestly been thinking about the exact same things, especially my motives behind kindness. I'm quiet and shy too, but I know I definitely still need some major restraint with my mouth. Such a good post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's definitely at work with us - thank you for reminding me.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate to this, I also am shy and I am kind to everyone or try to be. I started thinking of this when it comes to new visitors to the church and how so many leave b/c they don't get to see that right away from the members. How do you find them and give that to them, anyways thanks for your wonderful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find that the simple fact that one strives full heartedly to be a kind, good person is saying a lot about someone to begin with :)

    Great outfit by the way :)

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE the outfit.. and the message really made me stop and reflect.. a hard thing to do in this hectic life.. thanks for that...

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Tammy said, your post made me reflect too. I do try to be a kind person.... but like you, need someone to put their hand over my mouth at times.... trouble is with me, I see - I say.... there isn't much stopping time between eyes and mouth. Luckily, most of what I see and say are kind things!!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an inspiration u are to me! Such a sweet Christ like humble person u are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'breathe through your nose'... HA! That's great!
    I think that's why God shows us the example of so many nut-cases in the Bible that He chose to work through.
    Seems His glory & grace shine best through those of us who are the messiest...
    bless your mess.
    you're a trophy of His goodness in this world. xo
    Mel ;o)
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was lovely Krista ! Very moving ! Thank you for feeling the Spirit and not being afraid to show It !

    ReplyDelete
  12. the ongoing process your talking about is SANCTIFICATION girl and it doesn't end until we are made complete in his image and are in his kingdom :). But the sanctification process is painful because until then GOD is working to SET US APART more and more from our flesh and this world. It is such a beautiful picture though. he came and died for us and now through the HolySpirit He works to make us MORE like Him by convicting us of sin so that we can be blessed on earth and bring glory to His name...
    ahhh
    That is a blessing right! So don't feel condemned. Just pray to the HOLYSPIRIT to BREAK YOU MORE from yourself and MAKE YOU MORE LIKE CHRIST and answer Him when HE asks you to let go and drop..

    Easier said than done but definitely a blessing when done ;). lol

    love this post

    ♥CheChe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Krista -

    I was wondering what your nationality is?

    I love your digital stamps. :)

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...