4.09.2012

Fitness Scrapping.

Here is my closet-magazine-mess-turned-workout-notebook.  I hope it inspires you guys to make something fun and useful, too!:)

First. 
I started with some inspiring photos:)...Kind of a 'bikini girl on the fridge' idea.  I used a pocket page protector and Pinterest.  I chose some motivational quotes and awesome fit chicks:).

krista smith
krista smith

Then I added another pocket page, but the pockets are in varying sizes (it was an extra one, just laying around in my supplies).  I added a card with 10 of my fitness goals (to achieve before summer;), my week lifting schedule, and some fun quotes and info (just for reference).

*I don't add a specific rest day into my lifting split, bc I schedule rest days as I need them.  Some weeks, I rest once every two days.  Other weeks, I lift 3-4 days in a row.  It just depends.  

krista smith
krista smith

Then I added different lifting exercises/articles for the following muscle groups:

Glutes/Legs
Shoulders
Back
Chest
Arms

Each group has it's own divided section.  I added glutes and legs first, because that's my least favorite workout:).  Shoulders I separated from arm lifts, because they are my favorite lifting day...so I like keeping track of lots of different shoulder lifts.  I didn't want to mix them up in my arms section.

**I didn't add one for abs, because they are always a quick hit at the end of a workout..and for me, tend to be much more affected by my eating than by exercising.

krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith

After all the muscle groups, I added a section for alternate workouts (i.e., yoga poses, kettle ball moves, etc.), a section for recipes, a separate section for shakes/smoothies, a section for info on supplements/food/other, and finished with a section for inspiring and/or informative articles.

krista smith
krista smith
krista smith

I really like how it has turned out so far.  It is a practical way for me to keep all the important info in past magazine issues close at hand, ready to be used over and over!  I know avid Oxygen collectors might cringe, but this saves a lot of space in my closet.  It also allows me to enjoy years worth of fitness articles everyday!  I can't wait to keep adding more and more to it:).

Oh.  And once you are finished your fitness scrapbook. Give yourself a big thumbs up.
Cuz you are gonna look gooooooood come this summer:)!!

krista smith

xx

17 comments:

  1. Well...
    I am exhausted looking at your post!!!
    I better lay down....
    LOL!! Good for you, Krista! I wish I had the willpower, stamina and exercise room to do that! I will live vicariously through you!!!! Doesn't it feel good to free up the closet space??
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. whew, that looks great! as i sit here just licking my fingers from a chocolate egg. *sigh* I think you already LOOK amazing! l

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and motivational tool. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. crickey...im shattered just reading about your challenges.. my daughter calls these pages a life book on how she intends to be fitter this year..shes just informed me shes taking up kick boxing...note to self dont upset the daughter lol!!!! good on you for doing this and good luck with your goals hugs sasyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you are ready to rumble, enjoy the process, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!!! I've lost 21 lbs since January and have 19 to go. My pinterest pins and fitness mags have been a huge inspiration. I love the idea of being able to have it all in one central location readily available for motivating. Especially helpful to take along on vacations where temptation is rampant. Thank you for this!! I'm going to do my best to make a version for myself. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a brilliant tool - though I don't understand much of the language I can see how this will help keep the motivation going with all the info at hand too.
    Sounds as if you really enjoyed doing it too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab Krista, really great idea, it means you have all your fav bits and info just at your fingure tips. I envy your energy, you always look soooo amazing and gorgeous sweetie.
    Lots of love
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just signed up for their e mails. Love your nails by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really, really love this idea!! It's genius. I need to do this when I get back to the States.

    -april.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to write this here but when are you opening up your digi store???? I am desparate for some images LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally doing this with all of the stuff I've cut out and have stuffed in a file folder! So glad I found this post via Ali Edwards. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh! I have a collection like this- haha- my friend always makes fun of me for it :p cute blog! I found you off "a beautiful mess" blog!

    I am your NEWEST FOLLOWER! I would love if you would follow me back or at least give me feedback because you have such a cute and successful blog! ^_^ I look forward to your visit!

    Happy Easter and God bless!
    christine
    beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great fitness journal!! So organized!!! Looks like we share some of the same motivational photos...mine are all on Pinterest though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...