4.18.2012

Get Off Your Donkey...

krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith


He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine.
Then he put the man on his own donkey, 
took him to an inn and took care of him.
Luke 10:34

Getting off your donkey.  It isn't easy.
And yet, it is one of the most well known parables in the Bible. 
The Good Samaritan.

It is a story about doing the unexpected.  
What is not expected of you by the world.

And then following through to the end...
Giving the full effort for someone you probably don't even love.
That might be even harder.

When I first saw this shirt here, I had to have it. I didn't know at the time it was referencing Luke 10:34.  I didn't see the tiny verse under the wording:).  I liked it cuz it was a nice little jolt that day. 
 Get off your *, Krista.

Then, when I got it in the mail, it was that much better.  Get off your butt Krista-- for someone else.
*Sting*

How many times have I looked the other way when I could have gone out of my way to help someone out.  Particularly, someone I didn't like. Or maybe got a bad vibe from.  It doesn't have to be a huge, heroic thing, either.  Sometimes those nitty gritty small things we do for others-- those are the ones we would most like to avoid.  Because they may go unnoticed. They are tiny sacrifices, but they can disrupt our whole day.  Eat up our valuable time.

And we don't even get a high five.  
Or a thank you wave.
(i kinda feel jipped when i don't get a thank you wave.)

But. 

It is doing the thing that isn't required or expected-- 
That is what sets a person apart.
It's what matters in eternity.  
And that's what I'm shooting for.  
An eternity with Christ.  

Thank you wave or not.

26 comments:

  1. wow! don't we all need that reminder. thanks for sharing this. we all need that shove to help others, especially the ones we really really don't want to help... the ones we really don't like. yep, I'm honest enough to say it even though I don't like having to look at myself close enough to. but God sees right through the image I try to portray to everyone - deep into my heart. and shoves me off of the donkey and asks me to move.
    what a special post. and a special shirt. :) wear it with a smile on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you are so inspiring lady! So often we don't get a thank you wave but thats not why we do it. Thanks for your words today Hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that shirt. And the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post...so very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we could all use that reminder once in a while. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Post Krista!!! LOVE IT. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i pretty much love this post. and your shirt ... hooray! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, what a great shirt, and message!! You are so gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful message... and sent to each of us without expecting a thing in return! You are such a special person!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous post! Love the message and the shirt! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful message. Would love a shirt like that to remind everyone about getting off their donkey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I've found my new girl crush! You are just the cutest! Found your blog on Ali Edward's and have enjoyed reading thru your past post..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the message, and you are just so beautiful girl!!!

    Hugs and love
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  14. man you´re pretty! sorry, had to say that.

    Kiss Kiss Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  15. I worked in the hotel trade for some years & had all kinds of angry customers - the only way to defuse a particularly angry/upset customer was to become excessively polite & nice to them. I definitely think God had the right idea & I'm sort of reassured that He knows - even when my day doesn't go how I think. The shirt looks super on you!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant words Krista and yes we all need reminding from time to time. It's God that Smiles and says thanks, that is what matters. The rest take it on board and it feeds them for a later date.
    Hugs sweetie for sharing xx
    Mau x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Needed to hear this! So hard to love those that are hard to love...but we must. Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know Krista, you are such a refreshing change, your words are so true, thanks for sharing and I think you look amazing in your new top.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for the reminder.... and whats weird is when we really have a pure heart when we do for others we don't need the thanks because we feel it in our heart coming straight from God.. your adorable and thanks for all you do and give to us with your art and words.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done Krista....I'm waving !!!! Brilliant post thank you.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Saying hi from Casey's blog! Awesome shirt and encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such an adorable shirt and beautiful message. :) I'm a new follower of your blog. I absolutely LOVE it!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome shirt! Love the message behind it. And you are so darned pretty, you look great modeling it! I think I'm a little jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the shirt and that verse. I've just started reading 7 by Jenn Hatmaker, and it's kinda rocking my world in regard to helping people as well. It seems like everywhere I turn God is speaking to me about this.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...