4.06.2012

Scrapbooking Yourself into Shape!

smash book

Can a girl combine her love of scrapbooking and exercise?
I think so.

...let me tell you how!

smash book
smash book

I hoard Oxygen magazines:).  I have for years.  This time of year, I' get that spring cleaning itch... and it sent me to my closet to clean up a bit and start getting summer clothes in order.  Well.  I had years of magazines stacked up.  Treasured, loved, worn Oxygen issues.  It verged on obsessive (and maybe a little embarrassing)...but, at least it is a healthy obsession:).

I can't let them go.  I think I'd cry.  They are packed with oodles of info on eating and exercising...and I often use their lifting moves when I'm downstairs with my weights.  So.  Dilema:  I can't just throw my babies away... I had to think of something else.

On Monday, I'm gonna share with you my workout/clean eating scrapbook.  I love it for two reasons:

1.  It's cute:).  I mean, if I spend a lot of time on something, I'll use it more, right?  And that's the thing:  it is meant to be used, carried around, and flipped through over and over...even with sweaty hands:).

2.  It is a useful and effective way to always have my favorite articles at my fingertips!  I'm taking this baby into the basement girls...it's gonna be my new workout buddy.  Which is perfect in my book- cuz it won't yap or distract me during my workouts (like this one particular handsome guy does:)...

All you will need to start your own--

~Your own collection of (hoarded) magazines. If you don't already have a collection, you can start fresh and just keep adding pages as you continue your way towards bathing suit season!

~Scissors and a crafting knife.  It is easiest to cut the pages out nicely with the knife, just running down the binding of the magazine.  Trim with your scissors.

~8.5 x 11 plastic page protectors.  I got 3 packs of 10 pages to start...and already need more:).  These are essential-- cuz if you are working out properly, you might be a little sweaty turning the pages.  The plastic pages will keep your articles nice and spiffy:).

~8.5 x 11 pocket page protectors.  For the fun, motivational, scrapping pages!  These are essential to getting yo' butt off the couch when you really don't want to workout in the first place!  I can't wait to show mine!  I believe that motivation is KEY.

~ A binder to put everything in.  Make sure you have enough room to add pages as you collect more articles, workouts, and recipes in the future!

And if you really want some motivation to get into shape, go pick up an issue of Oxygen.  I believe in this publication, girls.  I don't want to read about how to put on makeup.  Or paint my nails.  Or how to be skinny. I want a magazine that tells me how to get fit.  Be in shape.  Have *girly* muscles. 

This magazine is so good, I devoted half my closet to it:)...

smash book
smash book

I can't wait to share this project with you on Monday! 
So lets get our skinny muscles on, scrappers!
\
smash book

xx

**not endorsed by Oxygen magazine.  just gushing about it cuz it's my fave!**

18 comments:

  1. You got me hooked on my Smash book! I ordered one then I had to go back for another. I'm thinking of doing something on my blog about it. I love your blog, you're so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what I did with my years of Scrapbook magazines!! Oh.. maybe not exactly... mine don't do a thing to help me get in shape!! LOL! But I DO have inspiration!!
    Seriously though, this is a super great idea!!!!! I may even get motivated enough to give it a try!!!
    Hugs!
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how funny i have my own collection of fitness mags...i'm sure to do something with them someday...maybe soon...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Krista!
    hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. never heard of this mag Krista but I'd love some girly muscles!! Great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the winking apple & your pink scissors & knife - this is a really practical idea.
    You are so different to me yet so similar.........
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm perhaps I should do this with all my craft mags! Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girly muscles! That's what I want too - looking forward to hearing your plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like fun....but is there a "seniors" Oxygen for those of us in the over 60's crowd!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a good idea. We need all the inspiration that we can get. I'll check out that magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute..good luck excited to see what u come up with..

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm ashamed to say i know nothing of this oxygen magazine. i guess that tells you just about how much i exercise...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this idea Krista! Your apple made me smile a lot though! I soooo need to get the running habit back on though with my impending husky coming! hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this idea krista. I did do a few pages of zumba which is my exercise of choice these days, maybe i will do a whole fitness book with recipes too. Thanks you have always got inspiration up your sleeve
    Gab

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great idea! I've thought about doing something like this for a while now (I have a bunch of fitness and cooking mags just taking up space). I can't wait to see what you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! First your digi images, then Copics to colour them with, then Smash books which are still on their way and now this, you are costing me a fortune LOL! Take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Oxygen. I heard yesterday that Robert Kennedy has terminal Lung Cancer, (Tosca Reno alluded to it on Facebook and then I read about it online). It's so sad. I'm praying for their family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...