4.23.2012

Sister and Boy.

Smash pages for everyone in the fam...

krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith

I am the oldest of four kids.  

The next oldest is my sister Rebecca.  a.k.a., Bec, Becca, occasionally Loretta, in another life Reba, always Edward-lover, and just recently Peeta-smitten.  

She cooks and bakes really well.  And sometimes brings us over a meal.  I am pretty sure she makes up some silly excuse just to bring me some good ol' home cooking.  She is lovely that way.  Always taking care of others.

She likes to host movie nights.  Sometimes it is just for the girls.  Most times it is for everyone in our whole family.  We all lay around in her living room and eat yummy desserts and watch fun movies.  Sometimes she does a summary write up of the movie.  And reads it to us all before she pushes play...which makes us giggle.  But we would miss it if she didn't do it.  I think she should write the introductions on the inside covers of books.  She'd be really great at that!

She is a rules woman.  
Sticks to them. 
To her guns.  
I like that about her.

And Bec really likes monuments.  You know, like the stuff in Wahsington, DC.  And museums, too. Loves museums.  

So I tried to fill this page with lots of things that make me think of her and smile.  The colors are really rich, because she likes those hues.  And the embellishments are things I've collected and saved.  Perfect for this page, I think.  

And besides the fact that she is like the biggest twilight fan ever (I really think she has an entire drawer devoted to just Edward and Jacob tee's), she kind of sparkles.  So, I added a bit of glitter to the vampire image. Sparkly is a good way to describe her, in just a word.

krista smith
krista smith
krista smith
krista smith

And one more page.  

Philly wrote me my first "I Love You" note this week.  

He has made me drawings before...but they are few and far between. Because he really isn't that type of guy.  And that's okay:).  He would much rather be throwing a ball or running around.

But he out-of-the-blue handed me the note.  Written on a Staples business card:).  It is super light and a bit smooshed at the end.  

But totally Philly and 100% perfect.
And now it is saved forever, so I can show him when he's 25...

Not every guy could pull off a love note on a Staples business card, 
you know.

18 comments:

  1. Well goodness Krista your sister is clearly my twin!!!! I've been called Bec (by hubby) Becca (by my nephews) but Berry by most and Ruby by some! I will rial your sister for the love of Edward lol and I adore to bake and home cook!
    I just love museums, especially art inspired and I'm a ridiculous perfectionist lol!
    I may come across the ocean one day and sneak into her place you would never know the difference lol!
    What a sweet note from philly on the business card too, def a keeper!
    Big hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you made this! You yourself are an awesome sister, you can really tell you love your sis :)

    I'm in love with your blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love this....amazing to have such aawesome family, your blog is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. morning krista!
    oh hun these pages are jaw droppig gorjuss!!! I love philly's page, having those little notes is so special, I love my squidgy little mo when he sneaks the little love you notes in and have kpt almost all of them...some get stolened back by mo!! lol!!!
    have an awesome day hun
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful - both. You have & are part of a very special family.
    Love the way you glittered the Statue of Liberty & I hope you're still blogging in 20 years & link back to this page! I'll be in my 70s but wouldn't it be something?
    Terrific
    Much love
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pages are super, I find them all inspirational. Love hearing about your family, I'm the eldest and have 1 younger brother. We are close and he's super cool. Thanks for sharing. Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smashbooks rock!!! Your talent is so inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for this sweet post! 'So glad that Ali Edwards sent me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you SMASH pages! Love the sparkly image, page for your sister! What a wonderful note to get, no matter what it's on! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! Got here from Ali Edwards. I think; I never seem to remember. sigh.

    I noted the location on the Staples card - I live about an hour north of there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That page looks amazing...I am your newest follower and am so glad I found you on The Shine Project! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pages Krista, and the info on your sister, she sounds amazing...
    As for the staples note...priceless.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your site...thank you for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Question: What is the image called that you used on your sister's page? I couldn't find it in the shop.

    You are so very creative and have become my new favorite blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...