5.20.2012

Just Beachy.

saturated canary digis
saturated canary digis
saturated canary digis
saturated canary digis
saturated canary digis
saturated canary digis
saturated canary digis

Sometimes the stars align just right.  The kiddies get invited to a cousin's sleepover.  In a tent.  In the middle of a living room.  Which is like the coolest sleepover, ever!  And husband has the weekend off.  Does not get forced into work.  And wifey opens up a shop that sends the orders for her:).  

And there is just one more beach front room open at our favorite hotel.

Schedules clear, just for a night.  And we get to sneak off for maybe 12 hours.  Eat a late dinner out.  And sleep with our balcony door open.  Listening to the ocean.

I always feel renewed at the beach.  I love it.  It's refreshing and relaxing and calm.  And I love to share it with him.  I love just sharing life with that guy.  Smiley up there:).  (I was poking him in the chin to get a big grin:)...

My heart belongs to my children.  I love them so much it hurts.  I would save them first in any situation.  I would in a second, without a thought, lay down my life for them. I prefer to be snuggled with them at night.  I love to hear them talk and listen to their thoughts.  They really are my everything.

But, my time with Phil is a treasure.  It is important and necessary. When we can sit and talk and laugh for a night with no distractions-- that is something that should be a priority.  Even over children.  It keeps our hearts open and alive.  It allows us to continually get to know each other.  What's going on.  What we are thinking and dreaming.  What God is doing in our hearts.  

And all that makes us better parents.  
It's refreshing, just like the ocean.    

I am thankful for those small windows of opportunity to sneak away. Pack a bag. Sleep all snuggled up in a chilly room that smells like the beach. Ohhh and ahhh over the Keurig Coffee machine in our room:).      And just feel refreshed as a couple. And as parents.

It is a beautiful way to spend a friday night.
Even if it was short and sweet.
It was perfect.

27 comments:

  1. We all need those dates with our hubby. It brings us back together. :) You looked so pretty! (And of anyone, you need a break here and there! :) Your new shop looks great! So proud of you, friend!
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write beautifully, Krista! I feel the same way about the ocean. And my son! I'm so happy you were able to sneak away with hubby for some R&R! You deserve it! Your new shop is fabulous, and I have already made my first purchase! Thanks for all you do for your SC fans! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look renewed and so much in love. Those times you sneak away are precious and very needed in a relationship. I feel it brings the whole family together and closer after the beneficial R and R. Now let me tell you, The new shop is wonderful! and already made my purchase thanks for the discount code. Hugs and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds idyllic Krista - glad you had a great weekend
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet post! My wife is, without a doubt, my everything. She's the only one I truly love with all my heart, trust with my life. My best friend, my soul mate. Being with her is the greatest joy and greatest gift. I wish we could escape and listen to the ocean - we both LOVE water, love the sea. It's one reason we hope to one day live aboard a sailboat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right, as much as you love your children and as you say you would do anything for them, its so important to spend time with your hubby/partner to make them feel just as secure in your relationship.
    Good luck with the new shop, I love your images they are so much like my granddaughters. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your posts as your writing captures me and takes me to your world. You are one creative & clever lady! Keep up the fab work, cos it's what makes me smile and adds light to my day even when the pain is so bad. Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the jersey shore. I always say I feel all stress leave my body when I drive over the bridges on to the islands. You got the last quiet weekend before the big season opener. Glad you had your date night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, what bliss! What I wouldn't give for a night alone with my hubby! Good for you guys. So looking forward to getting back to New Zealand so we can have some family babysit for us! ;)

    Love the new shop Krista, must be fab to have the automated system in place for the digi's. Worked really well for me the other night. Thanks heaps for your wonderful discount offer! I'm missing a couple of the digi's though. Was so hoping that 'the fairy' would be there and perhaps that new one that was given out with early subs to 'designed to colour'. Would love to see those in the shop! Though having just bought 15 images!!! I think I have plenty to colour for a while. Big hugs to you and your beautiful kiddies, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks you so much Kristy for all the details of your life that you are sharing with the rest of the world. You really inspire me... With your artwork but also in the way you are talking about God and your belief on your blog. Thanks for the eye opener ;-) Your great!
    Hugs Ing

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! Unexpected get aways are the best! And you looked gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so glad you got a much needed get away, and personally there is no better escape than the ocean for refresh and renew. your shop is GREAT even though I won 2 of your images in a challenge, I could not resist picking up two more, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you got time away and got to enjoy the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awwww you guys look so happy... and beautiful!! great words, thought, heart shared. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes the unexpected, short little trips are the sweetest!! I am so glad you got the chance to get away and enjoy each other! Love how you express a mother's love for her children!!!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  16. so happy you could get away with your sweetie! and the new store worked perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. First you are such a cute couple; second your outfit "LOVE IT"; third your new shop rocks! already bought my stamps and was able to color them like 5 mins later: woohooo for that!; fourth I love my children also, would do anything for them, but it is important to nurture your relationship with your hubby, because I think that when the kids leave the home, then you are left alone with hubby and that has to be a good relationship that you have nurtured over the years, not wait until then to start....so good for you! =0D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw how wonderful, for you two to be able to get away like that! Even if it is short, I agree its so nice to just get away with the hubs and re-connect as a couple and as parents! You two are absolutely adorable together!! And I just LOOOOVE your outfit. You are so gorgeous Krista! ♥

    Much Love & Hugs,
    Maria-Isabel
    www.agapelovedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Date nights are so important in any relationship...yours sounded idyllic ;0)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so happy for you!!
    I wish I could want to spend 12 hours with my husband...lol
    But it is so refreshing to hear when parents are still in love and time together is a priority and so important(:
    Glad you had the night away
    xoxoxo
    All the best to you, honey!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh, I need a night like that. :) Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautifully written Krista and your hubby has a gorgeous smile. Glad you enjoyed your little break x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Krista, all sounds perfect.xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful post, lovely photo's and a lovely post, glad you had a nice time
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautifully & wisely put. Glad you were able to recharge the batteries both of you.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are so blessed Krista. Have so enjoyed reading this post. hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your style! Such an adorable, inspiring blog! -Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...