5.25.2012

Thankfulness

saturated canary digis

Thursday was a day

You know 'em, too, probably.  Errands, bills, doctor's appointments.  Not a lovely day per say.

We had tears because of a doctor's needle.  Then some giggles about big butts.  Because that is always the cure for needle tears:).  Really, tears of any description.  Big butts.  That's the cure, friends.  

You add in a little booty shaking after the doctor exits the room, and you walk out with happy kids.  Kids that convince other kids in the waiting room that there is a parTAY goin' on back in those doctor rooms:).

There were missed phone calls.  Crying over a squished teddy bear.  Emails backing up into my next lifetime.  A car wash that had me sweating through my shirt, which is always really sexy.  Also, I must have had a magnet for (white) dog hair on my black leggings, because I was covered in it.  Also.  Really sexy.

I don't know that my attitude is always 'I'm thankful for this day.'  And yet, God is so gracious.  He gives me a tiny moment with my family that makes a forgettable day pretty sweet.  And shows me that not everything is always going to be easy or enjoyable; but there is still joy to be had.  Little blessings and smiles and memories.  Memories that turn forgettable into treasured.

Like sharing peanut butter and jelly water ice with Philly.  It's a new flavor at Rita's Water Ice by our house.  We both were freaking out.  It tasted like a frozen PB&J, guys!  Okay.  That sounds gross-- but take my word for it: heavenly.  

Niamh and I making a come-back in a before-dinner-wiffle-ball game from a 0-6 score, winning over the boys (whoop! whoop!) 8-6.  

Watching Niamh and Philly love on their cousin, Reese.  Holding her hand on the step.  Putting their arm around her shoulder.  Loving her like a sister.  

And ending a day in bird nests.  Blankets and pillows made into circles on my bed.  Perfect for kids to watch a new movie, all snuggled down into.  "Mom, can you make me a bird nest?" Bird nests are our thing.

Each morning we say our prayers on the way to school. And I always thank the Lord for a 'new day.'  And sometimes I forget about that thankfulness by 10am.  And even in my grumbling and sweaty shirt and doggy pants, God graciously gives me beautiful moments.  And I get to end one of those days with a heart full of thankfulness.

saturated canary digis
saturated canary digis
saturated canary digis

Happy Friday, lovelies.

xx

25 comments:

  1. A wonder happy Friday to you too.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday Krista, the sun is out here in Scotland and thats definitely something to be thankful for ;)
    Debz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww happy friday Krista! I had one of those days yesterday with holiday clothes to buy, clearing up puppy mess and nose bleeds in bed at 11pm! But we also got the kiddies water fight in the garden in the afternoon with fits of giggles obviously and Caleb having his face painted at the school fayre half skeleton and half devil (his request) and then starting a trend with 3 other boys copying! I have a lot to be thenkful too, thank you for the reminder! Hugs rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday to you and your family Krista, i love checking out your posts and have bought another 4 digis yesterday, i have had approx 9 in the last fortnight, i am well and truly hooked, i usually don't buy digis as i love rubber stamps but because i live in the U.K and want everything, like, yesterday, lol, this is the best way and as i said a couple of weeks back, its those eyes, i love your images eyes, they are full of wonderment, just like your gorgeous children!!! Oh and thankyou for the lovely Ava, couldn't believe that, how generous are you lovely lady? anyway, have a good weekend, love & light, Vick xxx
    the-artful-codger.blogspot.com
    youtube vixcrafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Krista for sharing, I am not having a good day, missing Charlie :-( but reading this reminds me that I am thankful for so many things, off to give my kiddies a cuddle.
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday Girlie:-) and thank you for this post, It has made me have a different look at the "bad days" I've been having:-) and yes there is a tiny smile now on my face with a big giggle:-)
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday lovely lady. I so enjoy reading your posts, they make me smile and bring a spot of sunshine. You're right of course there always is so much to be thankful for, so thank you for sharing that and making me smile. Take care and enjoy the weekend. Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday to you too - you sent me scurrying to my Concordance to look up a thankful heart, & I had to smile for there was a Tim Holtz Distressables book next to the Concordance. Thankfulness is so important & finding something to be thankful for in any circumstance vital. Richard quietly asked me to give him a hand when he came in from strimming our woodland. He showed me a 2inch rusty twisted nail & said he'd put his foot on it - could I have a look? He'd felt it as he trod on it & lifted his foot immediately but hadn't realized it was embedded in his trainer. I was so thankful there wasn't a mark on his foot & it was just in surgery hours so I could phone & check his tetanus status.
    He really does take care of things.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cheeeeeering, clapping, delighted to read such sweet words to start my day up here too.. thank YOU friend!

    I always think I'd like to be party of your (parTAY) family... thankful we're sisters in Him! ;o)
    xoox
    Mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  10. You just made my day! Thank you for this post, I am thankful for it!

    http://hopefullittleone.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Friday to you too, baby girl!
    You're posts always make me smile, lol and touch my heart.
    Enjoy the weekend, mama(:
    If we ever take a road trip, we are so dropping by to try those PB & J treats with ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Friday wishes to you and yours honey. Smiling from cheek to cheek now - after my little read!
    Kxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Friday! I think we all have those days, and it's wonderful that you can look at the positive in them. You have such a great attitude. Have you ever read the poem - "normal day"? I love it and it really speaks to what me about thankfulness for what we have in a normal day. I've pasted it below.

    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day, I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return" - Mary Jean Irion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is truly lovely! I need to print it out for a frame! Thank you Gina for sharing such a beautiful poem with me!!

      xx

      Delete
  14. Really enjoyed reading your latest post and, yes, we do have a lot to be thankful for and should treasure every minute. Have a happy weekend. Hazel x
    http://hazel-hazelshappyhouse.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love reading your blog. You have such a positive outlook on life. It just leaves others with a big smile and a warm heart.
    Have a wonderful weekend with your family.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your thoughts....there is so much to be thankful for!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Actually sounds like a truly awesome day! You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy friday! the needles and big butts made me giggle, too. love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you just made my heart squeeze. perfect post xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have such an ingenious cure for tears in the doctor's office. This is a lovely post - thanks for the reminder that many joyful moments can be found in a busy day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hehehe, ROFL, just imagining you all boogying down to a little 'baby got back' from sir mixalot (appropriately smoodged lyrics to be babe friendly!). I totally know those days and it's super cool that you were able to turn it all around.

    You made MY day yesterday Krista with your lovely comment on my 'Zac' post. Hubby's birthday tomorrow, so best get to some more birthday prep.

    Thanks for being the inspiring wonderful woman you are!
    Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful :) I do a Thankful Thursday post every week on my blog, and it's so cool when I find other people that write them too! Yours is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Krista,
    I am sorry I haven't been by for a while but family has been taking precedence at the moment as you know. Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog too, I was so touched by them.
    We try hard to count our blessings and live the day remembering them, but sometimes being human means we fail alittle, it is not bad it is just something we have to adjust again and carry on. Don't you think the precious moments are our rewards. I believe so. So enjoy them and use it as another blessing to add to your list.
    Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...