6.19.2012

Mom-ish Sneaks.

saturated canary digis
saturated canary digis
saturated canary digis
saturated canary digis
saturated canary digis
sneakers/Blowfish. skirt/? tank/Target. bracelet/Khols

I love these little sneakers from Blowfish.  They aren't a typical shoe I gravitate towards.  They are just little flats.  Simple and comfy. 

I thought they made great 'mom' shoes:). I know, I know.  Who wants to dress mom-ish??  EEK.  I'm definitely not one to jump on that train...but I started to think recently that maybe it's not such bad thing after all.  I mean, moms can be stylish, too...There is a little glimmer of hope for us, right?  I have ump-teen pairs of heels in my closet.  Many never worn.  They just sit there so pretty.  I imagine that someday I will need a hot pink, 5 inch heel.  But today.  I'm just a mom picking up my kids from camp...and I'm at the point in life where it makes me happy to dress like a mom.  It is a privilege to love these two goofballs...so, even though these little sneaks don't add any height (and, therefore, don't give me the illusion of losing 5 lbs), I'm okay with it:).  And they aren't *hot* pink.  But they are super cool--as in mesh-- so yeah, actually *cool*.  

And this mom can BOOK.IT. in these sneaks.  I could never impress the kids with my lightening speed in my hot pinks...

So...mom-ish is okay sometimes:)...even stylish!

And the mom part, specifically...
Well, that part just totally rocks.
xx

14 comments:

  1. hehehe Krista, you do make me giggle! I am like you with shoes, I have so many 'just in case' shoes, heels I will NEVER wear (I am 6ft tall so dont need them! but lurve them!!) flat sensible shoes, ok ok mummy shoes! and yet I always go straight for my converse or my birkenstalks, obviously not in winter I may add! lol thats when the sensible boots come out!
    I am lovin these btw, very cute!
    hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those cute 'mom' sneaks. Ya gotta have a pair or two of these, how else can we ever keep up with the mini's! LOL. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so gorgeous!! LOve the mint and white!! So pretty. And the bun too! I was rockin a sock bun yesterday, and actually just finished an "outfit" post for tomorrow showing it off. :)

    And you are so right, being a mom rocks! I love my heels, try to wear them often... but we also need something we can really MOVE and play in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a Beautiful Mom! I get a kick from my kids reaction when I do where something that is NOT mom-ish or work related. My hubby took me on a date a few weeks ago and my outfit didn't pass inspection my 6 yr old son. "Mom" he said with a stern face and voice "I don't think that is appropriate for you, you ARE a mom and shouldn't wear a shirt (it was actually a strapless dress) with nothing on top!"

    My two keep me on my toes but gosh I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe, pretty sure you could wear a paper bag and be one stylin' mama! That bun must keep your hot head nice and cool - looks great!
    Mel ;o)
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  6. youre the cutest! I keep wanting to try those shoes out...but havent done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe, I used to think being a mom meant wearing practical polyester pantsuits and practical shoes. Then I became a mom ,still wearing Jeans and heels and the ever present mom shoes

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww you look so beautiful with your hair up! I love it =0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok I made a comment and I don't know if it went through or not, so here is my comment again lol......You look so beautiful with your hair up Krista, I love it!!!! Fabi

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are super cute. And you look cute in them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute sneaks! And I'm loving the bun! Plus I'm pretty sure you could make anything look good, Krista! :) Your cool is innate and your style all your own! TFS!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super post and fab pics! I love heels but can't wear them any more (my conditions mean I have to wear special supports)so flats are what I have to wear all the time, but I do still have my heels from times gone by, I get them out just to look now and again! lol Being a mom is super cool no matter how you look I reckon! Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them, Krista, they look fab!I don't do heels....I'm almost 6 ft! I'm a Converse wearing Mum with a bit of a thing for boots....I love 'em! And the Mum part....defo the best and I'm Mum of 6!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. well I reckon that Mom-ish beats the pink heels.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...