12.25.2012

Day 11. Christmas.

saturated canary digis 

Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited, but emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness.  And being found in human form, he humbled himself and became obedient.  
Philippians 2:5-8

"Humbled himself?"
"Humility" hardly begins to describe the incarnation.  

For ages upon ages, his generous hand fed every creature on earth; now it is he that has to be fed, spoon-fed, drooling most of it down his chin like any other toddler.  The Son of God does't even know how to tie his shoes.  Someone had to teach him how to tie those sandals John the Baptist said none of us were worthy to untie...Picture seven-year-old Jesus in the shop out back, learning from Joseph how to use a hammer and a saw.  He who hung galaxies in such perfect poise, like a hundred billion mobiles, has to be shown how to nail two boards together.  

I take my shoes off.  
The humility of this is beyond words. 
~John Eldredge, 
A Beautiful Outlaw

In the humanity of Christ, I find a Savior who loves me more than I can understand.  It is easy to picture God, sitting on a throne in heaven, loving us from afar.  But, to come down.  As one of us.  Limiting himself to our world and our rules-- that is an amazing love.  It is beautiful and crazy and humbling.  

I am unworthy.  

Thank you, Jesus.  
For being born; for being one of us.
So that we might truly live.


29 comments:

  1. Awesome post Krista! He is beyond Amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krista,

    I learned of your images not to long ago, and quickly became a fan. I've ventured to your challenge blog, and just shortly found your personal blog. I didn't read it much, just took a look around, mostly to see what this person looked like the drew these adorable images. Last night, as I was looking for inspiration to finish my latest card (using Nikki, as a matter of fact), I found myself here again. It was then that I read your "new follower post". As I ready, I became enthralled in reading about you and your family, but when I read of your devotion to our Lord and Savior, I really sat up and paid attention. I just don't run across other devoted Christians enough, and I thought after spending quite a bit of time here, that I just felt the need to (if nothing else) say hi - from one Christian to another. : ) I can be shy too sometimes, so I wasn't sure when I would do that. Your latest post is so beautiful, and what better day. Thank you for sharing your talent with others, and mostly thank you for sharing your belief in God.

    xo
    Judy

    I pray you and yours have a very Merry Christmas, and the best in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. Thank you for sharing this Krista.

    Sometimes we get wrapped up in decorations and shopping, and forget why this holiday is celebrated. Through the storms and hardships, He's the ONLY true gift that doesn't depreciate in value or needs upgrading. I love Jesus and I'm so thankful that He chose me to know Him and know His love.

    Happy Birthday Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The love is flowing out of your words towards us, I am humble and thankful

    Thank You
    Pialine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful post- and picture! Hope you have a Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I stop to think about how He knew every thing I would do, everything I would say, everything I would think, and how so much of it would break His heart...and that He was still willing to take the beating He took, to suffer untold physical and emotional pain...all for me??? I am in AWE. I am humbled...I am in love. Thank you my sweet Savior that you never gave up on me. Thank you for showing me what Real Love is. And thank you for Your Grace and Mercy that you give to me every s i n g l e day! Can't wait to see you face to face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen - it is so easy to forget the poverty that Christ was born into, with all the glitz and glamour that now surrounds this festival. Truely he was 'humblness' personified.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well said kristsa. Merry! Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen, Krista! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing those beautiful quotes. Such a nice way to end a beautiful Christmas day. Hope yours was wonderful! Pat K.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas! Thanks for the chance to win that awesome camera.
    My resolution for 2013 is to finish more of my scrapbooking projects, instead of just buy new stuff and to exercise more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and heartfelt...Amen!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wesołych Świąt!;)
    Mery Christmas!;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome Krista. Hope you´re having a wonderful Christmas with your gorgeous family here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas Krista and thanks for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Picture :) hugs Nikki
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's refreshing to know there are business people in the craft world who aren't afraid to talk about their faith and love for christ and the heavenly father. It makes me appreciate there are still people who are willing to risk it all for their belief knowing you're truly not risking anything because God takes care of his children. Be blessed Krista.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful image Krista. Happy Christmas hunny to you and all your gorgeous family. Huge hugs from mine, Wendy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amen!

    Apparently the first adorable blog I've come across with verses from Philippians - Holy Bible!
    Bless you & Merry Christmas!

    Sarah
    PrettyGloss - makeup, beauty & a lil gibberish

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...