2.25.2013

Captivating Winners:)

saturated canary digis 

This past week looks like a blur in the rear view mirror!  I honestly can't remember what I really did that made me feel so busy, but it sure did feel that way:).

Over the weekend, Phil and I attended a marriage conference at our church called The Art of Marriage.  It probably sounds more grueling than enjoyable, but it was actually really, really fun!  We learned so much. Went out for a late dinner Friday night.  And spent the night at a hotel 15 minutes from our home, haha.  We just hung out, (okay. we did more than just hang out...;) and spent a lot of time talking about what God desires from our marriage and our hearts.  We even wrote love letters to each other during the conference.  Talk about water works. I was a blubbering mess:)...but it isn't everyday I get to read a heartfelt, vulnerable, and totally honest love letter from my dude.

One thing Phil really loved was the idea of leaving a legacy for future generations through a marriage that honors God.  Raising children in a home where a marriage thrives as the covenant God intends it to be~ that is something that will strengthen our children's marriages...and their children's marriages...and so on.  There is a quote I just love in our booklet from the conference that says, "Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see."  That is an amazing thought and a humbling responsibility that God entrusts us with.

So, it was a crazy week and a wonderfully blessed weekend.  Thanks for being patient with me taking a little break from blogging this week.  It is nice to take those breaks and live without the thought, 'oh, I should blog this.'  This week was freeing in many ways...and now I'm all refreshed to be back:).

Here are the 30 winners for the Captivating book giveaway.
**Each of you will need to email me at krista7smith@yahoo.com to receive your book.
**Please use the subject line CAPTIVATING and send me your mailing address.

Joni (no link)

Be sure to email me by Friday to claim your book~ all books not spoken for by then will be given to other commenters:).

Thank you to everyone who entered the book giveaway!  If you'd like to purchase the book, it can be found here.  There are audio versions available, too!  (cd and download)

Hope you all have an amazing week!

29 comments:

  1. Oh, WOWZERS!! Email on the way. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! God Bless you and your precious family. I so enjoyed reading this blog post tonight. What a wonderful blessing!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much Krista~
    This brought tears for being so lucky to have been chosen to receive one these books from you..
    I will forward you my addy now!
    Sweet hugs~
    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Thank you soooo much for the chance to win this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful time with your husband. I love the living messages quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel so blessed to have won. Thank you so much Krista!
    I'm reading a book called 'weird' atm and talks about taking time out from our busy lives and enjoy the present moment. So happy to hear you did just that :)
    Have a great week too!

    I've sent my email.
    Adriana Morales

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much. I sent an email and cannot wait to start reading.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Krista, thank you so much!!! Sending my email now. Thank you, thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great to hear, that you had such a wonderful week-end. I really think, we all should do that once in a while, as it´ll be good for any marriage to just concentrate on each other and forget all about all the daily mess and troubles, we also have to deal with all the time. I´ve been away on a holiday without my kids once in my life, and I still remember it as it was yesterday even it´s more than 25 years ago now LOL. And I so enjoyed it, even I ofcause missed m,y kids terribly, but I also remember I said, it should be all parents right at least 3 days a year, to just be the two again, as it gave sooo much new energy to deal with the everyday too.
    Big congratulations to all the lucky winners here too, I know you´ll enjoy the books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully said.. glad you guys got this valuable time together!! My man and I are currently working through Keller's "The meaning of marriage" and it is such a powerful truth that our relationship can reflect God's love to our family/world. You guys are the sweetest!
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear that you guys had a great time together. God bless you. xoxo

    Sarah
    PrettyGloss - makeup, beauty & a lil gibberish

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, we want to go to that marriage seminar too. I have heard so many people feel strengthen when they go. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh fabulous ,thanks thanks a lot dear Krista,I'm very happy^_^
    I sent you my mail with the address,please take a look in the junk,because sometimes go there:(
    I'm happy you spent a sweet time with your boy,I feel your love^_^
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful marriage conference! How blessed that you and Phil have such a beautiful relationship. I agree completely - being role models as husband and wife is SO important for our children to see. My parents would have celebrated their 54th anniversary (my dad passed 17 years ago), and my in laws have been married for 42 years. Brown and I will be celebrating our 18th next month. <3
    Thank you for this giveaway, of course I would be the linkless one. ;) I will definitely double check before emailing you as I'd hate to take a prize away from another Joni! Hugs and happy week to you and yours Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to the lucky winners. That sounds pretty interesting. I will look in to that. Maybe there is something here.
    Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I LOVE that quote. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww sounds like a lovely weekend and I love

    ReplyDelete
  17. You two are so sweet. I love following your blog and seeing your beautiful family!

    Dana
    http://www.thirtyoneladies.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay I'm thrilled to have won a book. And I'm excited to figure out a way to pay it forward. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats to all of the winners! everyone will certainly enjoy this book. we already have a copy, so I didn't enter, but everything they write is fabulous!

    happy to hear you went to a marriage conference. every one we've ever been to has been so good and we've learned so much. lots of laughing and crying and more laughing and so much deep thinking. love the quote you posted.

    will the Pinterest winner be posted soon? that was a fun contest, too! :)

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to the winners!

    Hope you're having a wonderful day!
    -Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Many congratulations to you all x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much Krista. You have such a kind and generous heart.
    Your conference sounds very enlightening. It's always nice to spend some time together, just as a couple.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. that quote was so true and amazing. I can't wait to experience that privilege because I really believe it is... thanks for the thoughts girl!

    &hearts:CheChe

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats to the winners and good on you to spend time with you wonderful husband getting closer. Nice to get away sometimes.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much Krista!

    What a lovely surprise, to see my name in the list of winners. I shall look forward to receiving the book.

    Take care! X X

    ReplyDelete
  26. I wish our church hosted marriage conferences. But that doesn't excuse us from seeking other local spots that ARE hosting something. You are truly an inspiration, more than just with your creativity.

    Thank you.

    I've emailed you my address.

    x0, D

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so excited! I really didn't think I would win. :D I can't wait to read it. Thank you so so muhc!! I'm so glad you had a great time with your hubby. It sounds like it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. how lovely to offer such a lovely prize! so kind xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would like to say a 'Huge Thank You Krista!' for my 'Captivating' Book which arrived this morning. I am really looking forward to reading it.

    Thank you so much! Have a lovely weekend. Take care! X X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...