3.06.2013

Smash.

saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 

I thought it would be fun to use a Smash book for journalling my devotions.
Once a week, reflect on how God spoke to my heart over the last few days. 
I used a bunch of different lettering, a little washi tape, and some hand drawn arrows.
Kept it simple and sweet.  

I like this idea because it is a nice "summary" of my week...
I wrote a few of my favorite quotes from a book I'm reading through right now.
And chose some verses that went along with my readings.

One nice app I use a lot is the ESV Bible Crossway Reference app.  It is basically the ESV Bible on my phone.  It is such a nice tool for quick reference on the go, word searches, storing my favorite verses, and keeping track of my bible searches.  I use it a ton!

Once the book is all full and bursting at the seams, it will be a wonderful piece of my year...A good way to take a few minutes and review the different ways I learned more of who my Savior is and who I want to be.  

Do you "theme out" your Smash books?
Or do you use them for spontaneous "what-evers"??
I have a few of each:)...

PS** LemonBella, you won my newest release of digis from the Kellie Winnell and SC blog hop:)...Please email me to receive your gift, love. (krista7smith@yahoo.com)

26 comments:

  1. Bless you in your journey with Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! So inspired right now!!! Thanks, Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! The different fonts, textures, and all the love put into it is perfect. Congratulations to the hop winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use your smash book. Your kids are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea!! Your page is awesome!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutley wonderful... I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!! So awesome!! You have the best ideas :) and execute them wonderfully ... What a lovely resource that will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful smash pages, Krista. I love the different lettering.

    And THANK YOU for the blog hop prize <3 I'm so happy:)
    I'm off to email you now.
    Dafi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous idea Krista,beautiful pages^_^
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous and always a great idea to do pages like these xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much detail & encouragement to look back upon. Love the different fonts & textures with this.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a good idea! Especially good for someone trying to deal with some of the junk life has thrown at them - keeps you positive and focused and for all of us, draws us closer to God. (James 4:8) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the diffrent fonts you used. I want to try this, thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so love this and that you used different verses from the Bible...truly amazing! God Bless, keep spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that is gorgeous, thanks for the idea, I usually put a theme on each of my smashing books!! TFS

    alvinascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea. I love these pages and your embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this!! Thanks soo much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Krista your Smash pages are wonderful! I do theme out my Smash books…currently I have 3 on-going ones: all my cropping friends and all the crops I participate on; another Smash book with my likes clips from magazines (like make up I want to try, nail designs, outfits, beauty products, etc); and a third one, that I am thinking of naming it by volumes (Vol I, Vol II), for my nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Krista ,love the idea of this smash book ,i have books where i write poetry ut God and pour out my heart and love to Him and i pen doodle around it .I love the idea of the different fonts and the washi tape is wonderful ides .CONGRATSs to Lemon belle you lucky girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful idea! I love the quotes you chose too, very meaningful. I haven't started a smash book yet, and I do plan on starting one. I think I would probably have to do at least one of each, a themed one and a random one. Your pages are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  21. looks great Krista! love all the styles of font on the page, wow!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this fab idea! I have a Smash book but have nothing in it as of yet......! I am thinking this would be an awesome idea to start a Spiritual/prayer book....We have a lectionary in our church- in 3 yrs with daily mass we read the entire bible.... If we do not go daily,we can still look up the readings. Thanks for the fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this idea Krista!! I am like Shelly - I have a book and have not gotten creative in it yet... This might be just the inspiration to get me Smashing!!
    Thanks for sharing your life!!
    Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this! Great selection of scriptures.

    Tiff Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...