5.01.2013

My Life in 250 (or less)...And a Blog Challenge for May

saturated canary digis 

There is a fun blog challenge over here
I'm joining in.
Because it would be plain, old, awesome to post every day for an entire month. 
And Jenni even gives prompts. 
So, it makes it that much easier:).
Today is a 250 words or less story of your life prompt. 

Here goes.

My name is Krista Leigh Smith.  
I was born in 1980.
I am the oldest of four: Rebecca, Jennifer, and Jeremiah are the younger "kiddos."
We were all very close, even as little kids.
My parents raised us to love God, value family above all else, and allowed us to grow up slowly.
My childhood was kinda great:).  

I loved school. I was valedictorian of my class.  My goal was a 4.10 GPA.  I got a 4.08...just a little shy of it:).  Out of school, I was kind of shell-shocked after going to christian school for 13 years.  I felt lost at college.  And I could not figure out what I really wanted to do with my life. I started with a major of physical science, and then switched to meteorology, mathematics, and finally fashion design.  Then I met Phil. 

We lived 3,000 miles apart.
We saw each other four times over 10 months.  
Then we threw a surprise wedding. 
We married on October 3, 2001.
I left college and New Jersey behind and drove across the country in a lime green Dodge Neon that could barely shift into reverse.  Pretty amazing we made it:).

We lived in sunny, Southern California for almost a year.
We were really just kids. We spent our extra money on sporting goods at Sports Authority. 
And played touch football in the living room and basketball in the kitchen.
Phil was a Marine. 
I worked on base at a childcare facility.
And I LOVED California.

After he finished the Marines, we moved to PA.
Then back to NJ.
We had Niamh in 2003.
I returned to school when she turned one.
I had Philly in 2005 while still attending college. 
(Holy cow, college took me forever!)
I finished **FINALLY** in 2008.
With a degree in Civil Engineering.

I worked at a nuclear power plant for a year and a half after graduating.
And hated every single minute of it. 
(Except for the times I ran into this super hot guy who worked there, too.
His name is Phil...best coffee breaks of my life;)

I started my own business in 2011.
And have been blogging and drawing ever since! 
I have lots of future goals and dreams...
Niamh and I were just talking the other day about serving the Lord fully~ and going wherever He calls us.  That is how we are living...giving our hearts to Jesus and remaining ready and willing for His perfect plans.  

So, that's a short version of my life.
I didn't count the words...I hope no one does, lol.
If you would like to join in, check out the blog challenge, or just grab a couple prompts for yourself, click the graphic below and check out Jenni's blog. 

saturated canary digis 
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy May 1st!

PS, Christine, you won the Stampin' Up This and That Bundle!  Please email me at krista7smith@yahoo.com to receive your gift! Congrats, lovely!!

17 comments:

  1. I love your thoughts, I really enjoy reading you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog for ages (yes, ages) but even still, I just learned some stuff about you. :)
    Your words are so flowing. My little autobiographical blurb didn't even hit 250 words. Ha!
    But anyways, here's to every day in May!

    http://shaktidove.blogspot.com/2013/05/life-story-on-quick.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great insight into your life Krista. You never fail to amaze me. You are one talented lady. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your story! It is mind blowing when you read someone else's story (who lives on the other side of the world to you) and have it be so similar to your own. We are the same age, oldest of four, married only 5 days apart (!), my husband is in the military, my first child was born in 2003 and I am currently doing what I love. Obviously there are differences too. It is pretty cool to know that my simple life is being cherished and lived by other people in this world too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing sweetie I loved reading about your life <3 huggles Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hearing your stories, I gain strength from your faith and words and I just love your images, but you already know that! I think sometimes we all end up following a different path than the one we thought we would, I passed my Refereeing exam at 18 (Soccer) and dreamed of a career working my way up to the top level. Then I had Keagan at 23 and it all ended, my health changed and ultimately got worse so that path was no more, but then I found crafting, and colouring and a whole new world opened to me and through that I found so many lovely people including yourself who I'd never have found if I had stayed on that original path! Take care lovely. Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun to read the backing story for your life hun. It´s almost like we get to know you a lot better this way, and your story was sooo great. You can be really proud of, what you´ve achieved sofar and I have no doubts, that you´ll make it far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOooooooOOoooh that IS fun ~ I'm eager to learn more about my already *crushed* on blog bud, you! (Must be my morning fog, at first I thought this meant 250 blog posts!! lol). Sounds like some good prompts there - if I wasn't such an excessive blogger already I'd be tempted to hop along too (maybe I'll still use some of her prompts in the future tho..). Anywhoodle, have a beauty day there you sweet minx! ;o)
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, nice to 'meet' you Krista!! :) What an exciting and fulfilling life you've already led! I love that you drove across country in your 'lime green Dodge Neon'. My first car was a grey Omni that I just HAD to put pink pin stripes on! LOL!! Great little car and she could move! Love your post today and thank you for sharing a little about "you" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post. Good for you for following your heart regarding school and work and love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. learning new things about you all the time :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun post! Sooo great that you're perusing your dreams!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting. I love learning about people.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Were you guys at Camp Pendleton? I grew up abut a half an hour north of there and spent many weekends at the base picking up and dropping off Marines that me and my friends were friends with. Funny, a lot of my friends married Marines. I kinda always thought I would too, but I married a software engineer instead! Funny how we think we are in control sometimes huh? Thank you for sharing your story with us today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I loved those few months!! 50 cent bowling on Monday nights, free gyms, and men in uniform everywhere;)...Pendleton was fun!!

      Delete
  15. I am a fellow Jersey Girl. Born and raised in Toms River... Moved to the Standing Rock Indian Reservation in 2000 for the love of my life..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...