12.31.2013

Revolutions.

 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

We are celebrating quietly at home tonight. 
Ushering in 2014 with whispers, episodes of The Office, milkshakes, coloring and hushed giggles.
Phil is knocked out on the couch. 
I don't think he made it to 830pm.
He worked all day, so he gets a pass on the festivities.
He was never one to run around the house at midnight on New Year's,
banging on pots and screaming bloody murder anyhow.
The kids and I love the mayhem.
I break a spoon every year banging on my pot.
It's for real, peeps.

Niamh has been telling me all day that she wants everyone to write down their "revolutions."
I told her she was saying it wrong...and then changed my mind. 
We decided REVOLUTIONS are perfectly appropriate~wonderful~fitting.
The definition of 'revolution' (in our context) is this:

a sudden or momentous change in a situation;
a far-reaching and drastic change;

New Year's revolutions will include lots of things for us.
I love the novelty and beauty of a clean slate.
A blank page.
A new start.
Revolutions are an awesome counterpart to that.

Altered directions.
Dreams reached for.
Goals focused on.
Movement.
Challenges.
Changes.

And all embarked on in the blink of an eye.
Like. 
BAM.
12:01am.
2014.
Let the revolutions
BEGIN.

Happy New Years, friends.

10 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you too Krista - may you and yours be blessed with Peace and Joy in 2014
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year and Revolutions to you and your Family Krista
    From Kath in Scotland...xx..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for 2014 for you and your family and all your revolutions! hugs mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm.... ok, so NO LIE.. I was totally watching The Office (season 8) on netflix last night!!! lol... it's my lil' dose of hilarity ;o)
    Hope this new year spins you guys deeper into the riches and fullness of God's grace! Love you girl!!
    xx
    mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos Krista. You are always so happy :) Good luck with your revolutions, I'm not making that many this year as I always let them slip lol! Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely photos family, Happy new Year Krista.

    https://avintagecovered.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family wishing you all the best in the year to come!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful set of pics - love seeing all you gorgeous peeps! I am totally rubbish at keeping New Year's Resolutions so maybe I'll try a Revolution this year and see how I get on!
    Wishing you all a very happy 2014 filled with love and laughter :-)
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...