3.24.2014

Spring Break - Beach Living.

saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 
saturated canary digis 

My mom and dad treated everyone to a beach week in Ocean City for spring break. We went down for most of the week (kept a couple days for homeschooling and a sick Philly at home).  And even though Phil and Philly were not 100%, we all had a blast.  

There was lots of exploring and shell collecting.  We have bucket-fulls of nature in the kitchen right now.  The kids watched the sunrise two mornings with my mom and talked about heaven, barely visible fishing boats on the horizon, and shifty characters called seagulls.  We watched The Walking Dead in the dark, all lined up on the couch.  Phil read on the deck, snuggled in a hoodie.  And he talked about how God loves change.  Then we decided that change is a beautiful part of growth~ so we like it too. 

I love my little triangle house.  Next to a field and car lot.  Across the street from old airport hangers and a still-used runway.  It is the opposite of fancy and on a good day, maybe gets labeled 'quaint' or 'somewhat charming'...But, I am thankful and satisfied to the brim with it all.

But if I ever get to pack up and move to the beach, you better believe I'll be there.  I'd move in a heartbeat if I got to watch sunrises over the water and collect shells with the kids everyday.  There is nothing like breathing in the ocean and sleeping with the sound of waves in your ear.

What is the one place you'd jump to move to?  
Or, do you already live in your dream spot?
Do tell.

16 comments:

  1. I'm with you, I'd love a little cottage on the beach xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures dear Krista! I love the ocean, shells, waves, sand..., so sad Switzerland has no sea, that's what I miss every day !!!
    Big hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful week you have had - and the children are looking so well and growing up so fast!!
    I am content where I am, but would love to live nearer my grand children.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are breathtaking!
    I would move to the coast in a second. Living by the sea, in some always warm weather would be (very) welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very content where I love now in Florida. Waterfront on the Gulf would be nice, but every winter (esp. this year) I am thankful for my life here. If I had a vacation home, a little beach cottage would be cool, or even a little forest cottage, or one on the mountains, or maybe one with beach, forest, and mountains--some place in San Diego maybe? It is fun to dream about it...
    Your pics are great--I agree about the sea salt air... very calming...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful spot Krista and gorgeous photos. Having somewhere 'special' to go to, is a luxury I can now indulge, since we moved back to New Zealand. My Grandpa had farm land right on the beach in our far North. It's spectacular up there and such a beautiful tranquil escape from our busy city life. I do love city life, I'm definitely a city girl. But that little piece of Heaven is a gift from our Grandpa to all his Grandbabes, and I'm so grateful for the gift and his vision for future generations. Now all that remains is for us to find a 'home' here in the city. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your write ups and pictures! I grew up on a river- love the peacefulness of the sound of the water flowing- especially at night. Looks like a fab week and sounds like lots of family fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great place to relax and enjoy your family!! Niamh gets prettier every picture you take!!! And Philly is growing up so much! Amazing to watch them grow!!! I think I'd love to live in a little cottage by a lake, or the ocean, anywhere that would be warm for 95% of the time!!! :o) I do like where I live now, because it's close to my grands and my family... maybe someday....

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are just absolutely amazing, capturing the moment to last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did it and it worked fine. Love all the images too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's something about being near the beach that demands your body to breathe and relax. I love it. Although my dream spot would be a cozy cottage in the mountains. Not too far out in the country. But far enough to feel alone with Husband!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Krista, thanks for sharing your spring break photos. They seriously remind me to appreciate what I have. I live in a small California beach town nestled between Santa Barbara and Malibu. I don't live on the beach but it's a nice 1 mile walk or jog; my toes are in the water at that point. I can say, I love where I live. Letting the sound of the fog horns gently lull you sleep is the best. With all the hustle and bustle of school, sports, and life it's easy to overlook the beauty. We sometimes go weeks without stepping on the sand (except the hubby, he surfs so he's there often). Your post made me realize, life is too short to not appreciate the beauty the world has to offer. I think i'm gonna get dressed and take my cup o joe to to the beach and watch some waves. Take care Krista reading your blog has been such a treat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm over in the UK in a place called Cornwall. Here we are never more than 20 minutes from a beach. After reading your post and reliving the love of the beach I realised how complacent I've become of my surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your wonderful stories and pictures. I visit your blog thinking I miss the artsy stuff. I read and am always so full of joy and hope for my own journey. Norma W

    ReplyDelete
  15. I live fifteen minutes from the beach you love. I'd trade places with you in a heart beat. It's a wonderful place to visit but not live. Well except in winter when you have town to yourself. My place is Niagara Falls...I'd move there today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...