6.02.2014

Hair Coloring, Prismacolor Pencils, Video.

Here is the hair part of my 'Wombat Love' image being colored with Prismacolor pencils.
The pencils I used (there are only four) are listed at the end of the video.

I chose not to talk through it this time.
One. Because I sound like a dying frog in these videos;).
And two, it is pretty basic coloring.
I always start my shadows from places the hair is either parted or gathered and work away from there.
Little whisks of the pencil, much like coloring with a Copic marker.

Thanks for checking back and watching the second half of the video.


You can check out the Prismacolor site here for more information on the products they make.
Have a great Monday, friends!
xx

18 comments:

  1. sooo Fabulous.. I am a Prisma colored pencils girl.. I just love watching this Now I want to practice.. I love the "flicking lines".. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Krista this was fabulous. I do love my Prismacolour pencils and you have inspired me to keep on practising with them. Gorgeous hun. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Christa. Boy I wish I could color just close to something like this. It is sooo beautiful and you really get it to look like natural light touching that hair. You´re such a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!! Love to see how you make that really hear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tutorial Krista love watching this and thank you for sharing
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME Krista. I used to love colouring with pencils as a young girl. You're really inspired me to try colouring with them again. Also love the flicking technique. What paper do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use really cheap paper from Staples or Target :) ... just card stock, nothing fancy for actual coloring, but it works!

      Delete
  7. I think your vids are fab Krista thank you so much for doing them I am totally a Prisma girlie as I can't get on with copics at all so these are so helpful to me as there are not so many kids for prismas-thanks again you are a star - Kym xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the video thanks for sharing your knowledge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome, Krista, I've already tried this yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. I need to dust off my pencils and try colouring with them like this. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow looks amazing, comes to life in front of your eyes x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so tempted to go and buy some Prismacolour pencils after watching you colour that image. It would be fab one day Krista if you do a video of how your design an image and what is involved in how you create an image. Loved watching that clip, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...